Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben is gonna get killed...

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is gonna get killed...

just like Brees, Rogers and all the other QBs who are willing to take a hit to complete a pass. These other QBs get.. but we dont care because we arent invested...

Starter

User Info Menu

Ben is a lot bigger than those two dwarves though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Ben is a lot bigger than those two dwarves though.
    Exactly...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    just like Brees, Rogers and all the other QBs who are willing to take a hit to complete a pass. These other QBs get.. but we dont care because we arent invested...
    ?? Invested in better OL players?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    ?? Invested in better OL players?
    no.. invested in the welfare of these other QB's who are facing the same amount of pressure as Ben. These other guys are getting hit too... but sometimes the board acts like these guys are fresh and clean all game.

I;m not saying our OL can't improve but all this talk of Ben not lasting 3 games is hilarious... last year we kept him pretty clean and he still got hurt. It's happens.. but honestly, it's who he is and how he operates and when you look back he hasn't really missed that many games.

Hell, Brady was rolled on in PRACTICE this year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree that getting hurt happens. BUT, there is no denial that Ben has pass rushers in his face a about 2 seconds where Brady, Brees have ALOT more time. Hell, against us and other teams I have seen Brady just stand there like the Eiffel tower and allowed to make a throw. Add in Ben's competitive nature and you have a recipe for disaster.

Ben is tough as nails and you are right he hasn't missed alot of games. When was the last time Brees didn't play a full season though?

This team goes as far as Ben and Troy can take them. If either get hurt, it's not happening (same with every team's QB). No one depends on their defensive player more than the Steelers. Just look at their record when he plays vs. not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    no.. invested in the welfare of these other QB's who are facing the same amount of pressure as Ben. These other guys are getting hit too... but sometimes the board acts like these guys are fresh and clean all game.

I;m not saying our OL can't improve but all this talk of Ben not lasting 3 games is hilarious... last year we kept him pretty clean and he still got hurt. It's happens.. but honestly, it's who he is and how he operates and when you look back he hasn't really missed that many games.

Hell, Brady was rolled on in PRACTICE this year...
    Ben was responsible for many of the hits/sacks he took. Ben was injured the past 2 seasons on plays where he held onto the ball to long.

I agree, all the QB in the league are under siege. The QB's that seem to get rid of the ball the quickest are the QB's that make their Olines look better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben's gonna hold on to the ball. No way he is gonna screw up his completion percentage or risk picks. He is THAT competitive. Just ask Brett Keisel. Almost Jordanesque competitive. If he had to throw away the ball when no one is open (to his liking) or was under pressure, his completion percentage would be worse than Bradshaw's In the low 50's.

This is how he wins. Sub par lines, sub par to average receivers (except for Hines, who was a possession receiver anyways) for 10 years now. I'll take it!

I'm preaching to the choir, but this will get you pumped up for the season!

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdqteWmFhaQ[/url]
    Last edited by skyhawk; 08-28-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Ben's gonna hold on to the ball. No way he is gonna screw up his completion percentage or risk picks. He is THAT competitive. Just ask Brett Keisel. Almost Jordanesque competitive. If he had to throw away the ball when no one is open (to his liking) or was under pressure, his completion percentage would be worse than Bradshaw's In the low 50's.

This is how he wins. Sub par lines, sub par to average receivers (except for Hines, who was a possession receiver anyways) for 10 years now. I'll take it!

I'm preaching to the choir, but this will get you pumped up for the season!

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdqteWmFhaQ[/URL]
    The reasons I believe Ben typically holds onto the ball are:
    -Not always trusting his ability to throw with anticipation of where his WR's will break open
    -Liking his WR's to be wide open before he throws
    -Not always being the best student of the game. If Ben didn't always put in the work to know his own offense then the question can be raised how well he knew the opposition's defense.

If Ben were Jordanesque competitive then he would put in the work necessary to be a great QB. Ben is a good QB that hasn't aspired to be great. Ben seemed more concerned with "doing things my way". Ben gives the team it's best chance of winning. If Ben continues to hold the ball he will continue to get injured. An injured Ben lessons the team's chances of winning games. I think a majority of this team's fans want a healthy Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Excellent post Burgh.

His receivers DO have to be wide open. He certainly has the arm strength to make the throws.

But do you think he hasn't put in the work? Maybe not early on. But he has to be doing something. He looks good.