Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 53

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My 53

QB (3): Roeth, Grad, Jones RB (5): Redzone, Bell, Dwyer, Howling, Jones FB (1): Johnson WR (5): Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Wheaton, Moye TE (3): Miller/Spaeth, Johnson, Paulson OL (: Adams, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Beachum, Long, Malecki DL (7): Keisel, Hood, Heyward, Woods, McLendon, Fangupo, Ta'amu LB (9): Woodley, Timmons, Foote, Worilds, Jones, Carter, Baxter, McFadden, Williams DB (9): Taylor, Allen, Gay, Brown, Polamalu, Clark, Golden, Smith, Thomas Spec (3) Sushi, Butler, Warren
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our punter for 2013 is not on the roster yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    QB (3): Roeth, Grad, Jones RB (5): Redzone, Bell, Dwyer, Howling, Jones FB (1): Johnson WR (5): Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Wheaton, Moye TE (3): Miller/Spaeth, Johnson, Paulson OL (: Adams, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Beachum, Long, Malecki DL (7): Keisel, Hood, Heyward, Woods, McLendon, Fangupo, Ta'amu LB (9): Woodley, Timmons, Foote, Worilds, Jones, Carter, Baxter, McFadden, Williams DB (9): Taylor, Allen, Gay, Brown, Polamalu, Clark, Golden, Smith, Thomas Spec (3) Sushi, Butler, Warren
    Looks like a good guess. The changes I'd make would be:

1. Dunn instead of Moye
    2. Arnfelt instead of Fangupo
    3. Hawthorne instead of Ta'Amu
    4. Carter gets cut to be replaced by some other position. Perhaps we keep Moye, Brown, Ta'Amu, or pick up some FA OLine or TE prospect in his slot.

The 2 guys that have surprised me the most who I think have played themselves out of roster spots might be Justin Brown and Moorman. Both looked like they had a spot in camp, but have not really performed in the games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Forgot Victorian. I'd put him on the roster over Smith. But he may have played himself out of a job on ST.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hey Flip good critque. I know it's a long shot but Moye and Dunn both have a shot imho.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While I agree that those are the players who should make this team, I can't see us keeping less than nine OL. Hell, if Gilbert starts, he could take five guys himself.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    While I agree that those are the players who should make this team, I can't see us keeping less than nine OL. Hell, if Gilbert starts, he could take five guys himself.
    I think they will keep 8 OL and stash a couple of the PS. It's not like there is a risk anyone would take any of our back up OL. I still think we will see a last minute rush to grab at least one experienced guy off waivers. Hopefully they aren't naive enough to think this group will go through the season without dropping to injuries.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

QB (3): Roethlisberger, Gradkowski, Jones
    RB (5): Redman, Dwyer, Howling, Jones, Bell
    FB (1): Johnson
    WR (5): Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Wheaton, Moye/Brown
    TE (4): Miller, Spaeth, Johnson, Paulson
    OL (8.): Adams, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Beachum, Long, Malecki
    DL (7): Keisel, Hood, Heyward, Woods, McLendon, Ta'amu, Arnfelt
    LB (8.): Woodley, Timmons, Foote, Worilds, Jones, Carter, McFadden, Williams
    CB (5): Taylor, Allen, Gay, Brown, Hawthorne
    S (4): Polamalu, Clark, Golden, Thomas
    Spec (3): Sushi, Butler, Warren

PS
    LB Baxter
    LB Garvin
    OL Hubbard
    WR Dunn
    WR Brown/Moye
    RB Alexander
    DB
    DL

Pup
    Spence

IR
    Burress
    King
    Embernate
    Cheadle
    Van Dyke
    Williams

With no injuries in Carolina game...I see this as the 53 they carry into week 1.

They may carry 5 RBs if the status of Bell looks later than sooner. Trade value of a RB will go up as injuries happen and injuries could happen on the Steelers roster before Bell returns.

I think they keep one of Moye or Brown on 53 unless someone contacts them with a "panic" compensation for Cotchery trade. There may be a curve here if something happens at the RB & TE spot. They may try and tuck away both Moye & Brown on the PS and leave Dunn on 53. I have my own opinion here and that would be to try and trade Cotchery. He is the vet presence but I think Wheaton needs to get on the field ahead of him. You make Moye or Brown your #4 and the other to the PS. You keep Dunn on the 53 because he can play ST and he looks to be really close to doing something in the return game to make a difference in a game. Just my opinion.

If the report is good on Miller to return to starting line-up before week 4, I think they carry Miller & Spaeth on 53. Then the Steelers have the option of designating Spaeth to IR with return. Spaeth may just go to IR if his timetable doesn't look good and/or if they really like someone on the waiver wire.

They release Whimper & carry long so Whimper's salary isn't guaranteed. They may look to waiver wire for some depth and that may push Long to PS. Whimper will always be there to pick up after week 1 imo.

DL speaks for itself. I think they keep Ta'amu & Arnfelt because of their upside shown. The other 5 alone give you 5 DEs & 3 NTs so they have a luxury.

LB is difficult. They are going to let some talent leave. Rolle loses out on numbers because of the RB & TE heavy depth chart with injuries. I think they will fear Williams being snatched up trying to sneak him on PS. They will try & tuck away Baxter & Garvin on PS. Both have shown tremendous upside but need development. Wilson & Rolle showed enough to make this team but they are deep & talented.

I think one of the DBs that don't make the 53 (Green, D Smith, Victorian) may make PS or it may be an outside body. Cromartie-Smith gets lost in numbers. Golden & Thomas are already ahead of him imo and Golden & Thomas have shown they could man-up in the slot so they give you a 6th CB.

ST looks to be easy. No competition for 2 of them. The arrow on Butler & Moorman are pointing in two different directions and Moorman hasn't shown he still has enough in the tank to separate himself from Butler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    QB (3): Roethlisberger, Gradkowski, Jones
    RB (5): Redman, Dwyer, Howling, Jones, Bell
    FB (1): Johnson
    WR (5): Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Wheaton, Moye/Brown
    TE (4): Miller, Spaeth, Johnson, Paulson
    OL (8.): Adams, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Beachum, Long, Malecki
    DL (7): Keisel, Hood, Heyward, Woods, McLendon, Ta'amu, Arnfelt
    LB (8.): Woodley, Timmons, Foote, Worilds, Jones, Carter, McFadden, Williams
    CB (5): Taylor, Allen, Gay, Brown, Hawthorne
    S (4): Polamalu, Clark, Golden, Thomas
    Spec (3): Sushi, Butler, Warren

PS
    LB Baxter
    LB Garvin
    OL Hubbard
    WR Dunn
    WR Brown/Moye
    RB Alexander
    DB
    DL

Pup
    Spence

IR
    Burress
    King
    Embernate
    Cheadle
    Van Dyke
    Williams

With no injuries in Carolina game...I see this as the 53 they carry into week 1.

They may carry 5 RBs if the status of Bell looks later than sooner. Trade value of a RB will go up as injuries happen and injuries could happen on the Steelers roster before Bell returns.

I think they keep one of Moye or Brown on 53 unless someone contacts them with a "panic" compensation for Cotchery trade. There may be a curve here if something happens at the RB & TE spot. They may try and tuck away both Moye & Brown on the PS and leave Dunn on 53. I have my own opinion here and that would be to try and trade Cotchery. He is the vet presence but I think Wheaton needs to get on the field ahead of him. You make Moye or Brown your #4 and the other to the PS. You keep Dunn on the 53 because he can play ST and he looks to be really close to doing something in the return game to make a difference in a game. Just my opinion.

If the report is good on Miller to return to starting line-up before week 4, I think they carry Miller & Spaeth on 53. Then the Steelers have the option of designating Spaeth to IR with return. Spaeth may just go to IR if his timetable doesn't look good and/or if they really like someone on the waiver wire.

They release Whimper & carry long so Whimper's salary isn't guaranteed. They may look to waiver wire for some depth and that may push Long to PS. Whimper will always be there to pick up after week 1 imo.

DL speaks for itself. I think they keep Ta'amu & Arnfelt because of their upside shown. The other 5 alone give you 5 DEs & 3 NTs so they have a luxury.

LB is difficult. They are going to let some talent leave. Rolle loses out on numbers because of the RB & TE heavy depth chart with injuries. I think they will fear Williams being snatched up trying to sneak him on PS. They will try & tuck away Baxter & Garvin on PS. Both have shown tremendous upside but need development. Wilson & Rolle showed enough to make this team but they are deep & talented.

I think one of the DBs that don't make the 53 (Green, D Smith, Victorian) may make PS or it may be an outside body. Cromartie-Smith gets lost in numbers. Golden & Thomas are already ahead of him imo and Golden & Thomas have shown they could man-up in the slot so they give you a 6th CB.

ST looks to be easy. No competition for 2 of them. The arrow on Butler & Moorman are pointing in two different directions and Moorman hasn't shown he still has enough in the tank to separate himself from Butler.
    Hasn't Spaeth already been put in the "IR-to return" list?

I do hope they keep Ta'amu over Fangupo but I guess either could end up on the PS.

I think they also stash Golic on the PS.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 08-28-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hasn't Spaeth already been put in the "IR-to return" list?

I do hope they keep Ta'amu over Fangupo but I guess either could end up on the PS.

I think they also stash Golic on the PS.
    You have to be a member of the 53 before you could receive that designation. That is what sucks about it. They will have to carry him and possibly lose a player they released that they were going to bring back to 53.