Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DE Cameron Heyward earns top defensive marks for performance against Chiefs

Rookie

User Info Menu

If you look at Keisel's snap count, which I'll be happy to research, I don't think you will find that in his first three full seasons he played significantly more than the 264-270 snaps that McClendon and Heyward played last year...

With Keisel, while he has developed into quite a good player, he didn't move Kimo out of the way...Kimo moved on...

The same thing with McClendon...Hampton moved on...

The same thing may very well happen to Heyward....the Steelers have cap issues and Keisel is in the last year of his deal....

Hood didn't move Smith out of the way...injuries did...

I'm not trying to take anything away from Keisel...the fact that Keisel is good doesn't make Heyward a bust...

Just as the fact that Hood is starting doesn't make him great...

Starter

User Info Menu

This ^^^^^^

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If you look at Keisel's snap count, which I'll be happy to research, I don't think you will find that in his first three full seasons he played significantly more than the 264-270 snaps that McClendon and Heyward played last year...

With Keisel, while he has developed into quite a good player, he didn't move Kimo out of the way...Kimo moved on...

The same thing with McClendon...Hampton moved on...

The same thing may very well happen to Heyward....the Steelers have cap issues and Keisel is in the last year of his deal....

Hood didn't move Smith out of the way...injuries did...

I'm not trying to take anything away from Keisel...the fact that Keisel is good doesn't make Heyward a bust...

Just as the fact that Hood is starting doesn't make him great...
    Keisel made an impact as a situational 3rd down pass rusher. I haven't seen Heyward making that kind of impact during his snaps yet. That's what concerns me.

And if you recall, it took Keisel 2-3 years as a full time starter until he got really good. I remember he started out a little lighter and couldn't control his gap on running plays and would often get washed out of a play. I remember quite a few folks that complained he wasn't good when he first took over for Kimo.