Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outside looking in

how has Gloic been doing? Will he make the team or be in the next rounds of cuts? Or has he been cut already and I missed it?
    Last edited by fordfixer; 08-26-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Golic is a guy who has been reported to be a quick learner, with a passion for the game. The problem? He apparently lacks talent...stiff...lack of solid foot work, hands often in poor position, far from swift afoot. He is strong, punishing guys directly in front of him, but beyond that he just doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The other guy I'm interested in is Arnfelt. Does Woods flexibility to play NT allow us to carry a guy like Arnfelt instead of Ta'Amu and/or Fangupo? I think he's another guy that deserves to make the team. He hasn't played against the first team, but I think he might have more talent that Hood or Heyward.

He looks to be built like Keisel and seems natural at the position and ready to go like McClendon was very early on.
    Brian Arnfelt is already listed as the 2nd string LDE, I definitely think he deserves to make the 53-man roster the way he has been playing this pre-season.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Golic is a guy who has been reported to be a quick learner, with a passion for the game. The problem? He apparently lacks talent...stiff...lack of solid foot work, hands often in poor position, far from swift afoot. He is strong, punishing guys directly in front of him, but beyond that he just doesn't have it.
    I think the plan for Golic has been practice squad since Day 1. That is why he has been almost exclusively playing special teams in the pre-season games. No one has any tape on him so he is unlikely to get grabbed by anyone.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I just dont see it with Golic. He was known at ND as being one of the weakest players on that OL...not well favored by fans. Practice is showing why...so why not cut the guy? OL depth maybe? I don't see him having the physical tools to be good.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree with Shawn and haven't been impressed with what I've seen so far of Golic. I'm not much of a fan of any of the Steelers depth outside of Beachum. About the only other guy I see having some long term potential would be Joe Long. I'd like to see what he can do in time.

As a Penn St guy I am pulling for Moye. I with you guys on Arnfelt. Guys a beast. He has shown more in one preseason than Heyward has in 3 years.

Hall of Famer
    I think Dunn is on the outside looking in. He has shown himself to be a phenomenal KR this preseason but the kick return is becoming a lost art in todays NFL, thanks to Herr Goodell. Is he worth a roster spot based on his phenomenal KR abilities alone? Why hasn't he done any punt returns that could increase his value?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

I don't know if he's on the outside, but I hope Vince Williams is retained, whether its on the practice squad or not. I'm with you Flip, I like Baxter too.

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I'm with you Flip, I like Baxter too.
    MAC linebacker stands out

James Harrison now plays in Cincinnati, but there was an unheralded outside linebacker Saturday night who bore some resemblance to him.

Alan Baxter, who has done well this summer, came to the forefront in a big way for the Steelers against the Chiefs with two sacks, a tackle for a loss, a forced fumble and a quarterback hurry.

He's an undrafted, undersized rookie from the Mid-American Conference who stands just 6 feet. Sound familiar? At Northern Illinois, he played in 52 games, started 24 and had 16 career sacks. Baxter is yet another reason the Steelers could afford to trade Robinson for Jones.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2d3L5lDOz