Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outside looking in

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The other guy I'm interested in is Arnfelt. Does Woods flexibility to play NT allow us to carry a guy like Arnfelt instead of Ta'Amu and/or Fangupo? I think he's another guy that deserves to make the team. He hasn't played against the first team, but I think he might have more talent that Hood or Heyward.

He looks to be built like Keisel and seems natural at the position and ready to go like McClendon was very early on.

I was intrigued by Williams' athleticism, but now that he's hurt, it seems like we found this UDFA that might be ready to go and contribute. I know this may sound crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the field in our system before Heyward.
    BTSC had a nice writeup on Arnfelt. He is an intriguing guy.

Here is the article:

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/26/4658478/steelers-film-room-GIF-highlights-brian-arnfelt-roster-cuts[/URL]

On the defensive line, it seems like the locks are Hood, McClendon, Keisel, Heyward and Woods. I think that a strong argument can be made for Ta'amu, Fangupo and Arnfelt. I could see the Steelers keeping 7, especially with Keisel getting up in years and Hood in the last year of his deal. Should be good competition for the last spot, which is a nice problem to have.
    Last edited by phillyesq; 08-27-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    BTSC had a nice writeup on Arnfelt. He is an intriguing guy.

Here is the article:

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/26/4658478/steelers-film-room-GIF-highlights-brian-arnfelt-roster-cuts[/URL]

On the defensive line, it seems like the locks are Hood, McClendon, Keisel, Heyward and Woods. I think that a strong argument can be made for Ta'amu, Fangupo and Arnfelt. I could see the Steelers keeping 7, especially with Keisel getting up in years and Hood in the last year of his deal. Should be good competition for the last spot, which is a nice problem to have.

Thanks for the article. Glad to see someone agrees with me

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like a lot of you I'd like to see Reggie Dunn stick with the team. I can't remember the last time we have had a dynamic kick returner. I don't think he has much of a shot since he is the definition of "one trick pony". I just wish he would develop in another area which would increase his value but so far that hasn't happened.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Like a lot of you I'd like to see Reggie Dunn stick with the team. I can't remember the last time we have had a dynamic kick returner. I don't think he has much of a shot since he is the definition of "one trick pony". I just wish he would develop in another area which would increase his value but so far that hasn't happened.
    I agree. It would be nice to have a weapon in the return game, but I think Dunn will be hard to keep unless he can at least play on the coverage teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I agree. It would be nice to have a weapon in the return game, but I think Dunn will be hard to keep unless he can at least play on the coverage teams.
    I really would like Dunn but agree that he doesn't do enough to stick.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"