Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Cuts being announced...Who should we get ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    [url]http://fansided.com/2013/08/26/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-tennessee-titans-release-barry-richardson-and-6-others/[/url]

BY MIKE DYCE - AUG 26TH, 2013 AT 11:28 AM

After the third and final preseason game NFL teams are beginning to make cuts. We’ve already seen three other teams make cuts, the Tennessee Titans are following suit. The most notable one might have been offensive tackle Barry Richardson.

The Titans signed Richardson in June. Richardson started at right tackle for the St. Louis Rams in all 16 games last season. Rotoworld noted that Richardson struggled to get separation in last summer’s Hard Knocks series and isn’t going to be able to take full advantage of his 6-foot-4 and 319 pound frame.
    Richardson is a 5 year veteran who brings a lot of in game experience having started 48 consecutive games.
    The Titans obviously haven’t seen anything worth keeping around when deciding to make cuts.
    Good find thanks! OTOH, it sounds like he would fit right in with our 2nd teamers, lol!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Good find thanks! OTOH, it sounds like he would fit right in with our 2nd teamers, lol!
    Interesting.. Durable w/ 48 consecutive starts. He's GOT to be better than some of our tackles (i.e. Guy Whimper)
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Interesting.. Durable w/ 48 consecutive starts. He's GOT to be better than some of our tackles (i.e. Guy Whimper)
    It would be difficult to be worse that Whimper.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It would be difficult to be worse that Whimper.

Pappy
    Is it just me or is Whimper not a good football name?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    seems like attitude got him again.

I really thought this kid could be a good player
    Buffalo has a few young receivers who they are very excited about. I was listening to Buffalo radio this morning and they were saying that by mid season they would not be surprised if Stevie Johnson is considered the third best receiver on the team. I didn't hear it for long but they had mentioned Robert Woods, not sure who else they were talking about.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haley knows Richardson so that reunion may be considered. Better depth than what they have and could push Gilbert. I would be ok with that signing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    seems like attitude got him again.

I really thought this kid could be a good player
    Agreed, by many accounts the guy is a first round talent with a UDFA head.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Is it just me or is Whimper not a good football name?
    Not just you fixer, I'd change my name regardless of profession if it was Whimper.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What up with article referring to Richardson failing to get separation? He is not a WR or a TE. I don't want him to separate. I want him to block.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Agreed… Deep-six “Man Whisperer” and bring in someone with at least a semblance of ability.