Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Cuts being announced...Who should we get ?

Backup

User Info Menu

Team Cuts being announced...Who should we get ?

Now I'm NOT saying we should get anyone....except maybe 3 or 4 NEW O-Linemen But seriously, lets talk about the Cut players here. BTW, I see Ex-Steeler TE L. Pope was released by the Bears. He knows are system, I wonder if Tomlin is considering him ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope not.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm personally loving the whole Beachum at TE look... the Steelers have spent so much time underutilizing the tight end in the passing game over time that I've wondered why they don't just put in a smallish, athletic third offensive tackle. If it can bolster the run game, leave it, I say.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    I'm personally loving the whole Beachum at TE look... the Steelers have spent so much time underutilizing the tight end in the passing game over time that I've wondered why they don't just put in a smallish, athletic third offensive tackle. If it can bolster the run game, leave it, I say.

cYeah and did it Bolster the Running game last night ? If your answer to that question is Yes, then I suggest UPPING your Meds. It also sure as Hell didn't Improve the Pass protection either. Considering that not counting KC 6 Sacks...they knocked down/pressured our QB's on 14 other occasions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Other than the fact that the O-line can't block, the special teams ain't, the offense can't score, and defense can't stop a two minute drive what makes you think we need anyone else?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Surprised to see Da'Rick Rogers got cut from the Bills

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    seems like attitude got him again.

I really thought this kid could be a good player

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Barry Richardson also cut from the Titans, started 16 games last year. Not sure about his performance, anyone know anything on this guy?

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/8/26/4659740/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-darick-rogers-four-others-released-by-buffalo[/url]

The Buffalo Bills on Monday announced the release of five players, their first round of cuts in an effort to meet the NFL's 75-man roster maximum by Tuesday afternoon's deadline. Among the first round of cuts: popular undrafted free agent wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers.

Former Bills GM Buddy Nix famously told reporters that the Bills had an early-round grade on Rogers' physical talents entering the 2013 NFL Draft process, but the former Tennessee star went undrafted due to off-field issues. Those apparently continued to plague Rogers in camp this summer, as he was remarkably inconsistent, in and out of the coaching staff's doghouse and saw a rapid decline in his playing time as a result. He did not play at all on offense in Saturday's loss to Washington

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Mike Tomlin

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Barry Richardson also cut from the Titans, started 16 games last year. Not sure about his performance, anyone know anything on this guy?

[url]http://fansided.com/2013/08/26/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-tennessee-titans-release-barry-richardson-and-6-others/[/url]

BY MIKE DYCE - AUG 26TH, 2013 AT 11:28 AM

After the third and final preseason game NFL teams are beginning to make cuts. We’ve already seen three other teams make cuts, the Tennessee Titans are following suit. The most notable one might have been offensive tackle Barry Richardson.

The Titans signed Richardson in June. Richardson started at right tackle for the St. Louis Rams in all 16 games last season. Rotoworld noted that Richardson struggled to get separation in last summer’s Hard Knocks series and isn’t going to be able to take full advantage of his 6-foot-4 and 319 pound frame.
    Richardson is a 5 year veteran who brings a lot of in game experience having started 48 consecutive games.
    The Titans obviously haven’t seen anything worth keeping around when deciding to make cuts.

Molon labe

Mike Tomlin