Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones' 4.9 speed evident.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jones' 4.9 speed evident.......

Chase Daniels outran Jarvis Jones on a scramble last night. He actually pulled away from Jones in pursuit. Jones looked like a Lineman. WOW!! not impressed!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

wow.. OF everything the kid has done in 3 games as far as taking the ball away - this is all you saw?? wow.
    Last edited by chiken; 08-25-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    wow.. OF everything the kid has done 3 games as far as taking the ball away - this is all you saw?? wow.
    What stood out more to me was the 30-something yard scramble that Alex Smith had in the first half that Cortez got the BS late hit penalty for. My first thought when I watched the replay and saw that it was Jones in pursuit was, 'I guess that was the 4.9 speed that everyone was concerned about.' My second thought was, 'I think Keisel was pulling away from Jones as well. Wow!'

Administrator

User Info Menu

Even the announcers said that Chase runs a 4.6 to a low 4.7. What do you think Foote runs? How about Woodley? I bet Timmons is in that same area with the size he's gained over the last couple of years.

I think JJ has been impressive. He needs to gain a bit more power but overall, he's been solid and I think he's going to see significant playing time this year and might just replace Worilds as the #1 ROLB on the depth chart.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Chase Daniels outran Jarvis Jones on a scramble last night. He actually pulled away from Jones in pursuit. Jones looked like a Lineman. WOW!! not impressed!!
    Man you're really reaching for a criticism with this one. JJ has been incredibly impressive so far in his first training camp and preseason.

Now we just need to hope his chest injury is not too severe.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sure, maybe he isn't fast running 40 yards downfield. He sure is fast getting 5 to 10 yards into the backfield though, so I'm ok with the slow long speed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jones has done some impressive things but a LB should not have a QB with "good speed" pull away from them. That is concerning to me, especially when he's called to chase TE's downfield.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Jarvis Jones has done some impressive things but a LB should not have a QB with "good speed" pull away from them. That is concerning to me, especially when he's called to chase TE's downfield.
    Just wondering ... was Jones playing middle Lb'er on those runs? Because it seems to me that Daniels initially ran up the middle and Jones would have had to take an angle, while avoiding blockers in order to get to him. That being the case, it seems rather impressive that you even saw the kid in the picture with a chance to make a play after the middle Lb'rs and Db's failed to get there.

Not defending the kid/or bashing him. I think I'll wait awhile and let his play speak for itself over the course of 2-3 years.
    Last edited by SteelBuckeye; 08-25-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Just wondering ... was Jones playing middle Lb'er on those runs? Because it seems to me that Daniels initially ran up the middle and Jones would have had to take an angle, while avoiding blockers in order to get to him. That being the case, it seems rather impressive that you even saw the kid in the picture with a chance to make a play after the middle Lb'rs and Db's failed to get there.

Not defending the kid/or bashing him. I think I'll wait awhile and let his play speak for itself over the course of 2-3 years.
    I'm not calling him a flop either, but he was behind Daniels in pursuit and Daniels was flat out pulling away from him. I honestly thought it was a lineman til I saw his number.

Legend

User Info Menu

All he does is make plays...something this defense sorely missed last season. Worilds hobbled down the sidelines last night after a punt, he's not Jones caliber. JJ is gonna be AAAALLLLLRRRRIIIGGGHHHHTTTT!!!!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION