Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does watching hard knocks make you miss Harrison more?

Legend
    I just finished up watching Hard Knocks prior to the season start and James Harrison being in Cincy worries me a bit. That's a talented ball club. They really are loaded and can probably be as good as Dalton ends up playing this season.

The thing that worries me is Harrison's attitude and the impact it might have in that locker room. The Bengals have stars like Atkins and AJ, but James infuses an attitude I don't think Cincy would have otherwise. He's nasty. He's crazy. And he's probably the hardest working guy in the NFL. It's like deep down he has this major inferiority complex like Hines did that drives him to be great. James may not have had the longest of carreers, but the years he did play, I'm not sure there's an equal to him in the NFL. Cincy got a steal. And our locker room is gonna miss that attitude. We got all choirboys now.

Man do I wish the Steelers would do a Hard Knocks. Please. Please. Please football gods. Give us this one gift after we win #7!!!!

JH is a stud. He looked like a man among boys in that series. We will miss him for sure. and BigBen will feel his presence more than a few times. This is just another monkey cumming all over the football for the steelers. The front office is like dealing with kids from prom night. They follow one hard on after another with no real direction. JH was finally healthy and I know,... we all wanted the defense to get younger. I am totally on board, but at what price are we giving LeBeau a ten yard cushion? We need some real defensive adjustments and personnel evaluations to return this unit to prominence.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I just finished up watching Hard Knocks prior to the season start and James Harrison being in Cincy worries me a bit. That's a talented ball club. They really are loaded and can probably be as good as Dalton ends up playing this season.

The thing that worries me is Harrison's attitude and the impact it might have in that locker room. The Bengals have stars like Atkins and AJ, but James infuses an attitude I don't think Cincy would have otherwise. He's nasty. He's crazy. And he's probably the hardest working guy in the NFL. It's like deep down he has this major inferiority complex like Hines did that drives him to be great. James may not have had the longest of carreers, but the years he did play, I'm not sure there's an equal to him in the NFL. Cincy got a steal. And our locker room is gonna miss that attitude. We got all choirboys now.

Man do I wish the Steelers would do a Hard Knocks. Please. Please. Please football gods. Give us this one gift after we win #7!!!!
    thank you for that. Its nice to know theres some like-minded souls out there after years of listening to people wishing him away cause hes getting old or whatever.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

You know the saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it." Well,...

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler
    I'll miss JH as much as anyone. A terrific player, a terrific presence and teammate and I have always loved how he is so unassuming to the trivial things in life. He just works hard at his job. He doesn't suffer fools, he doesn't play to the media, he doesn't drive a fancy truck. I will alway hold him as one of my favorite steelers.

Yes, we will miss him. BUT - we needed to get younger in our defense. We have money invested in new guys. JH is in his last year or two and may not finish this year either due to injury. Sure, in a vacuum you keep a JH on your roster - but in the context of needs, long term development, salary cap etc, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Remember, he sat without interest until the bengals called. And if my memory serves - it was ONLY the bengals that called. That is significant.

So again, yes he will be missed. How much will either be tempered or inflamed by the play of our LB's this year. If they establish a pace for 50 sacks, JH will be an afterthought. If they shoot for 20 - we'll be screaming much louder.

Although I think the monday night game in 2 weeks is going to be JH's last best game.

but also to the hard knocks discussion. I swear to god, there is no doubt mike brown is the worst owner in the league. I think he's forest gump stupid and his desire to be a 'football guy' has been the consistent reason that team has been consistently bad. Here's hoping he lives another 30 years.