Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Oh Crash you missed the part in my last post where I said "where specifically have I lied about Ben?"
    I just called him the greatest Steeler QB EVER.

LOL, seriously Crash? Some random game against the Bengals?
    I dont doubt you at all but I dont know what game you are talking about.

You really accuse ME of being obsessed with the dude? Somebody needs a mirror.

Sounds like he threw short a lot. If I called it a good game we must have won.

Try this Crash, close your eyes and PRETEND IT WAS BEN. Then you'll understand.
    If it was Ben? And they had that game plan for him? I would say they are wasting his talent.

Just like they are content on doing RIGHT NOW!

Just like 2009. YOU did blame Ben for missing the playoffs that season. The defense pissing away 4th quarter leads all year didn't matter.

Watch the games, pay attention, don't rely on box scores to form your opinion.

You'll be a lot better off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorCrash View Post
    If it was Ben? And they had that game plan for him? I would say they are wasting his talent.

Just like they are content on doing RIGHT NOW!

Just like 2009. YOU did blame Ben for missing the playoffs that season. The defense pissing away 4th quarter leads all year didn't matter.

Watch the games, pay attention, don't rely on box scores to form your opinion.

You'll be a lot better off.
    When did I "blame Ben" for 2009. I never said he played bad that year. I do NOT LIKE throwing a ton like we did that season, period if we have a run game. I would say the same if it were Manning or Brees. I like balanced playcalling and given the same talent, balance will always win.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-27-2013 at 07:14 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Banned

User Info Menu

When did I "blame Ben" for 2009. I never said he played bad that year. I do NOT LIKE throwing a ton like we did that season, period if we have a run game. I would say the same if it were Manning or Brees. I like balanced playcalling and given the same talent, balance will always win.
    The Steelers were not balanced in 2008.

They won the Super Bowl.

The Steelers WERE balanced in 2009.

They missed the playoffs.

Shove balance up your ass.

Legend

User Info Menu

They won the Super Bowl.

Wasn't 2009 the year Troy played about 4 games and was hurt for most of the season? Unfortunately at that point, I think our defensive success was predicated on the health of Polamalu. I think the balance this team needs to win SuperBowls is a healthy Ben + healthy D. As far as offensive balance goes, I'd like to see us able to run in the 2nd half once we've built up a lead to shorten games and not allow the other team a chance to come back against our D.

The way the rules are set up now, just about every offense has an advantage coming back at the end of the game. So that's why I think ball control is important once a lead is establish. But up until that point, sling away Ben.

Banned

User Info Menu

As far as offensive balance goes, I'd like to see us able to run in the 2nd half once we've built up a lead to shorten games and not allow the other team a chance to come back against our D.
    Well guess what? After the OFFENSE scores? The STEELERS DEFENSE needs to stop going back on the field and giving the scores right back.

That's why leads get erased, not some BS that the "run game" wasn't able to shorten the game.

GIVE

BACK

POINTS.

Been an issue with Dick LeBeau's defense for YEARS!

Legend

User Info Menu

In not drafting QBs high yeah, you have a point Dizz. And having an "insurance salesman" at the helm does make your case.
    We are just looking at it from different angles.

Dang, I need to reply to you more often after replying to Crash, the clarity of your logic REALLY stands out after that nonsense.
    Then again maybe its my crazy pro-black racial bias

Oh and BTW if this thread does not imply it, I like both coaches......but I DO LIKE COWHER a little more (despite his color)
    I like both coaches too.. I wish Cowher stayed longer once we got Ben but now we know why he left.

I think Crash is on that Miley Sinus... no one said a word about Kordell. LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

They won the Super Bowl.

Crash, Crash, Crash, THIs IS WHY I MISS YOU so much when you get banned.

If we only had a runner who could evade tacklers like you evade the issue here, we would have the BALANCED ATTACK I long to see. .

Crash, I will be happy to address your "diversion" once you show where I have lied about Ben.
    You justify implying "racism" to me based on the "lies" I have supposedly told about Ben so this is kinda important to me.

Who is the liar Crash?

But unlike you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps you FORGOT that you were going to prove me a liar about Ben.

I wont even accuse you of lying about me Crash.....perhaps you were "mistaken" about my comments and upon search found you are WRONG. I can understand that.

So please apologize for unintentionally mischaracterizing my comments for the audience here my friend.

Should you choose not to apologize for your misunderstanding, it is YOU who have shown very clearly WHO the liar is on this thread.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Administrator

User Info Menu

Well guess what? After the OFFENSE scores? The STEELERS DEFENSE needs to stop going back on the field and giving the scores right back.

That's why leads get erased, not some BS that the "run game" wasn't able to shorten the game.

GIVE

BACK

POINTS.

Been an issue with Dick LeBeau's defense for YEARS!
    Crash - How many times have you been banned here? Join another board because it's proven that you can't follow any of the board rules here. What amazes me more than anything is that you have so much time on your hands to constantly create new accounts knowing damn well your going to get banned. I only wish I had that much time on my hands. It's kind of humorous that your so obsessed with this place that you'd rather continuously get banned instead of joining a forum in which your welcome.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

You need to pull whatever crawled up yours... out.

Banned

User Info Menu

Crash, I will be happy to address your "diversion" once you show where I have lied about Ben.
    "BC gave Ben the keys to the team let him open up the passing game in the 2006 regular season"

That is a lie. Now get to it.