Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Decent drive there by Grad & Co. - both Wheaton & Palmer looked good...wait a sec, in the moment it took me to type that there's another ST blunder - are we just cursed?!?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    One last thing...wasn't bringing in Danny Smith supposed to fix the STs?
    Im just reading box scores and gotta say, the special teams is standing out in a very bad way. This is becoming a recurring theme. Blocked FG and a 109 KR? Starting to wonder if the loudmouth makes it to the regular season.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Victorian! You can't tackle what you can't see. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

That's not completely on Victorian though.... How in the hell is there only 1 guy (Victorian) between the returner and the endzone?!?!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    You know what, I hate to say it but, you're right. I have not seen Troy make a single positive play this preseason. I am glad he is up & healthy, but he and Ike are getting over 20 million in base salaries. There should be NO argument that both these guy need to be released after this season. We GOTTA get..( Spend )...HUGE Free agent money on this O-line. Cause this ain't EVER getting better. And as I said in a earlier post...No way in HELL Ben makes it to the half way point without a Injury...No way. I mean not unless we average 75 to 90 running plays a game, and keep Ben under 30 total passes for the season....maybe THEN he can stay healthy. But other then that, " Captain Gilbert " and his " The Whiff " Boyz are gonna get Ben Killed.

What this O-line is doing is 10 times WORSE then ANYTHING Aaron Hernandez may have ever done!! And I am being DEAD serious!!
    I've said for months that the FO should have kept Will Allen and Kennan Lewis, and cut Troy and Ike. Would have gotten younger in the secondary (while staying solid) and freeing up millions extra to invest in other positions of need (such as OL).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From the stat box again...Butler is out-punting Moorman 51.0 yds/punt to 36.0 yds/punt. Moorman is certainly a decorated veteran but Im thinking lets stay young here. Butler has some pedigree...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Thfigures. A horrible outing, nothing really at all to say about anyone of Importance. And this game goes to OT. I will let this go, and wait for the season to start. But I am telling you...if this team is at 2-3 after 5 games, then I will be leading the way on the " FIRE TOMLIN " rants!! This coach has so underachieved the past 3 years, and has gone down hill the past 2 seasons with a total LACK of Discipline. So yes, I will wait. But given our first 5 opponents, if we have a losing record, then someones head has to be chopped off. And Tomlin is responsible for this Cr@p!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Realistically, can the drop off be that significant between Foote and these younger linebackers? Foote is consistent and is a decent starter but I have to wonder what type of downgrade we would see if one of these younger guys started. It's probably only mental mistakes they are worried about.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Realistically, can the drop off be that significant between Foote and these younger linebackers? Foote is consistent and is a decent starter but I have to wonder what type of downgrade we would see if one of these younger guys started. It's probably only mental mistakes they are worried about.

You mean like Vince Williams ? Who just commited our 5th, count them,...5, 15 yard personal foul penalties for tonight ?

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't like to call out individual posters but sedatedsteelersfan, you might be the worst this board has seen in a long time. Or at least since you were here last under your old name.

The first units showed us exactly what we wanted to see tonight. Big plays on O and D. Cortez looking healthy, Troy looking REALLY healthy and 4th down stops on D. I know you're trolling, (and clearly I'm taking the bait), but please give it a rest.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I don't like to call out individual posters but sedatedsteelersfan, you might be the worst this board has seen in a long time. Or at least since you were here last under your old name.

The first units showed us exactly what we wanted to see tonight. Big plays on O and D. Cortez looking healthy, Troy looking REALLY healthy and 4th down stops on D. I know you're trolling, (and clearly I'm taking the bait), but please give it a rest.

First off, I was never here before. So what you are refering to, I haven't a clue. Second, what did our starters show ? We scored 10 Pts, the TD came on a drive where KC decided to go for it on 4th & 2 from their own 21 yard line. Something I can see a coach doing in the preseason say late in the game, but not in the 1st quarter. And even on that Dwyer catch for a TD, it was Ben who AGAIN was running around for his life...and after he got away from Hali, he found a wide open Dwyer. And Ben STILL took a hit after the throw. Our O-line couldn't open up a single Rushing lane for anyone of our RB's. Our secondary gave up constant yardage to Smith, especially with Avery & Bowe. And the few times they DID have to Punt was only because Avery dropped one easy 3rd down pass, and bc when KC was driving in the 2nd quarter, Hemingway dropped a easy pass that would have put KC 1st & 10 on our 23 Yd line. Then you have our Special teams play tonight...exactly WHAT did we show that convinces you that we are ready ?

I mean dude you say our 1st teamers showed what they needed to. All that statements shows me is either you didn't watch the game....or you're mentally Incapable...wich is it ? This team, as I see it is in deep trouble. But as I said, I will wait til week 5 before I campaign for Tomlin to be fired!!