Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Backup

User Info Menu

Well, it wasn't a pretty drive but we finally scored a TD!! After our great O-Line allowed a easy sack of Ben, on 3rd and 13, Ben hit Dwyer on a swing pass, and Dwyer scored!!

Yeah Team!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Well, it wasn't a pretty drive but we finally scored a TD!! After our great O-Line allowed a easy sack of Ben, on 3rd and 13, Ben hit Dwyer on a swing pass, and Dwyer scored!!

Yeah Team!!
    Very poor o-line execution overall but Ben made a good play.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Evaluations so far ?

Ben is going to be killed this year.....sorry but true. Gilbert has so far been pancaked 3 times that I have seen. Our run defense looks good. Our Pass defense is among the worst in the league. I guess the guys we lost were the reason we were ranked 1st last season. Smith has tons of time to pass, and the 2 times I saw us get a LITTLE pressure, Smith was great at finding Avery on quick short patterns.

Our kicker obviously can make 65 yarders in practice, but can't get a FG attempt higher then 6 ft in the air on a long FG attempt against an actual rush. Two positive...One, we only have 1 penalty this half. And two, we waited to use our FIRST Time out with about 5 minutes left in the first half. When was the last time we did that ?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Like I've said continuously, Ike Taylor is not worth close to 10 mil and he's lost a step. Ike Taylor, like Casey Hampton, like James Harrison, etc have been staples of our defense in the past and all were EXCELLENT players. Ike Taylor is still a good player. He's just not worth the money he's making and he's past his prime.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm disgusted!! For those of you who can't watch this game live, watch KC final 1st half possesion.
    Talk about a team just shredding a Defense. Also, another STUPID 15 Yard Unsportsman penalty. Alex Smith has CLEARLY outplayed Ben. But then again Alex Smith actually has TIME to throw. By the way, if this Brian Moorman guy is our punter, we might as well get ready for a top-5 draft pick right now. My neighbors 8 year old Boy can punt longer. And PLEASE don't Insult my Intelligence about his Hanh time. I can Punt a football and have it hang for 7 seconds easily if I am only punting it like 30 yards down the field. This guy SUCKS! And Tomlin should be fired Immediately if he keeps him on this team.

Like I said, there is very little to like about this game. I mean besides Ben's toughness, and ability to run around and avoid getting CREAMED like Corn. But that won't last. Ben will play, I think TOPS 7 games this season. No way he survives...None!!
    And I thought our new Coordinator was supposed to have quick pass plays that get the ball thrown less then 1 second after the snap. Well I certainly haven't seen that offense so far last year, or this year.

If I'm Ben, I'm either demanding a trade...or a new 5 year contract for 150 Million, 80 million signing bonus! And I am DEAD SERIOUS to. If Brady or Manning had to play behind this S-H-I-T!! they would be demanding the same thing. I feel so sorry for Ben.

Administrator

User Info Menu

As bad as William Gay is, Troy had the inside coverage on that TD pass and that was a pick six waiting to happen. He was caught looking into the backfield and that second delay caused the TD.

The o-line (the tackles in particular) are overmatched. You know you o-line is troublesome when you have to bring in a THIRD tackle to ensure your QB doesn't get killed.

Ben looks good. That pass to Sanders was picture perfect. Sanders has to make that play. Ben could have made a hot read on that sack by Eric Berry. It was clear as day that blitz was coming. That was more on Ben than it was the blocking.

Special teams looks like garbage. How can that possibly be? It's NOT that difficult.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    As bad as William Gay is, Troy had the inside coverage on that TD pass and that was a pick six waiting to happen. He was caught looking into the backfield and that second delay caused the TD.

The o-line (the tackles in particular) are overmatched. You know you o-line is troublesome when you have to bring in a THIRD tackle to ensure your QB doesn't get killed.

Ben looks good. That pass to Sanders was picture perfect. Sanders has to make that play. Ben could have made a hot read on that sack by Eric Berry. It was clear as day that blitz was coming. That was more on Ben than it was the blocking.

Special teams looks like garbage. How can that possibly be? It's NOT that difficult.

You know what, I hate to say it but, you're right. I have not seen Troy make a single positive play this preseason. I am glad he is up & healthy, but he and Ike are getting over 20 million in base salaries. There should be NO argument that both these guy need to be released after this season. We GOTTA get..( Spend )...HUGE Free agent money on this O-line. Cause this ain't EVER getting better. And as I said in a earlier post...No way in HELL Ben makes it to the half way point without a Injury...No way. I mean not unless we average 75 to 90 running plays a game, and keep Ben under 30 total passes for the season....maybe THEN he can stay healthy. But other then that, " Captain Gilbert " and his " The Whiff " Boyz are gonna get Ben Killed.

What this O-line is doing is 10 times WORSE then ANYTHING Aaron Hernandez may have ever done!! And I am being DEAD serious!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Just in the few running plays thus far for FJ.... he's just as capable of starting as Dwyer.

I'm not saying that's a good thing. I think that's just the reality of our RB situation.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good point about Gay, but the flip side would be why was he playing off so much? That said, it just seems like he's given up a TD in every game & scheme or not, he's got to make better plays than that. Other than that, defensively the front seven still isn't generating enough heat on the QB, Cortez Allen looks great, Woodley is useless in coverage & Jarvis needs to be more explosive...that sums it up I think.

Offensively, Ben looked good & if Sanders hangs on to that long pass his numbers would be outstanding. I like our WRs & think both Brown & Sanders will go over 1000 yds for the season. Seems like Dwyer knows he's fighting for his job & is going hard but he still makes some questionable decisions at times that either negate good blocking or deprive him of better results. Given all that, still like Redman better though & Jones has done well so far. Seems like the line is turning things around but still needs a lot of work. Lastly, the TEs...I know that Paulson is getting raves in camp for catching everything but the kid is beyond bad with his blocking & if Haley doesn't address it, we're going to have a lot of problems.

One last thing...wasn't bringing in Danny Smith supposed to fix the STs?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Good point about Gay, but the flip side would be why was he playing off so much? That said, it just seems like he's given up a TD in every game & scheme or not, he's got to make better plays than that. Other than that, defensively the front seven still isn't generating enough heat on the QB, Cortez Allen looks great, Woodley is useless in coverage & Jarvis needs to be more explosive...that sums it up I think.

Offensively, Ben looked good & if Sanders hangs on to that long pass his numbers would be outstanding. I like our WRs & think both Brown & Sanders will go over 1000 yds for the season. Seems like Dwyer knows he's fighting for his job & is going hard but he still makes some questionable decisions at times that either negate good blocking or deprive him of better results. Given all that, still like Redman better though & Jones has done well so far. Seems like the line is turning things around but still needs a lot of work. Lastly, the TEs...I know that Paulson is getting raves in camp for catching everything but the kid is beyond bad with his blocking & if Haley doesn't address it, we're going to have a lot of problems.

One last thing...wasn't bringing in Danny Smith supposed to fix the STs?
    I don't know why Gay was playing so far off the WR especially in that situation. And yes, it seems like he gives up a TD every game.

If that's the case (and it seems so), then why not get him the hell outta there and put Golden in those situations. If not Golden, then why not Thomas. If not Thomas, then why not Victorian.

You know what I mean? It's not like they are going to lose anything by making any one of those changes. I see any one of those being a better alternative. To me, they have everything to gain and nothing to lose by making a change.