Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Every offseason we recycle the same trollish posters under new names. I think some a bored regular members and others are guys who have been removed from here numerous times. Offseason tomfoolery.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash View Post
    Smith was battered and bruised.

Then our usual end of the half prevent defense showed up and he looked like Johnny Unitas.
    wasn't there a very suspect penalty on our defense that set that up? I didn't see the game, but seems that there was a lot of issue with it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jeff Triplet has screwed us in the past too. He needs to work more games so he can learn the rules because he is always screwing up. oor he needs to be fired.

Backup

User Info Menu

Last season a scout from an NFC team said that Ben Roethlisberger is the most underrated player in the NFL. I already believe he's the most underrated QB in the NFL, but I'm beginning to agree that he's not just underrated among QBs.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post
    What was Cowher's record with Roethlisberger?

Coach Cliche has had Ben his entire career. To discredit Cowher's work by comparing the Tomlin/Roethlisberger era against the Cowher/O'Donnell, Tomzack, Graham, Stewart, Maddox is totally unfair. Cowher did much more with much less. I really think the pieces of the puzzle were in place for Cowher to win 3 or 4 super bowls. It was a shame he left it for Tomlin to destroy.
    Cowher learned from Marty... and Marty ball requires the HC to devalue the QB position. Cowher didn't even want Ben...

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah

we needed some accountable like billy cowher like when the ST let Eric metcalf return a punt late in the 4th for a TD after he already had one the game.

If cowher is there no way that happens

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But "Shawn" remains eternal
    *nods knowingly*

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Cowher learned from Marty... and Marty ball requires the HC to devalue the QB position. Cowher didn't even want Ben...
    Cowher coached the Steelers record pass attempts. (Maddox)

Ben broke 9 NFL records under Cowher

Sure Cowher limited Ben his first two seasons true. Would you trade 13-0 followed by youngest SB winning QB for some other coaching style?

Year 3 BC put the offense on Bens shoulders and moved away from ball control and we went from elite SB champs to playoff miss.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

You make some very valid points Lemming.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Of course, don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Since Tomlin's arrival the Steelers win rate against teams with losing records is 76%. Their win rate against teams with winning records is 50%. This happens to be EXACTLY Cowher's record against winners and losers.
    This is the bottom line. Both coaches are pretty darn good.
    No need to hate on one to prop up the other.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher