Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I always chuckle when Tomlin is compared to the biggest AFFCG choker in the history of the NFL. While all his chokes came at home to inferior teams...
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I always chuckle when Tomlin is compared to the biggest AFFCG choker in the history of the NFL. While all his chokes came at home to inferior teams...

Now I'm not going to argue that. Cowher was the biggest Conservative HC ever. And it did cost us several times. But no one is comparing the direct results of each other. I'm talking about mostly Discipline Issues as well as losing constantly to worse teams. I have seen no Improvements this preseason in those areas of Discipline. And I will wait til we play our first 5 games of the season...3, if not 4 of which we should win. But, if we lose more then we win, and we again total many penalties, especially the ones like Personal foul or Unnecessary roughness penalties, we then how can anyone just overlook this BS once again ?

Rookie

User Info Menu

And Tomlin's team didn't have injury issues last season?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Cortez Allen got a 15 yarder last night.

Absolute garbage call.

This team is targeted by Ray Lewis' BFF Roger Goodell.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Chefs also got away with a blatant hands to face...easy call, not made...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I guarantee Tomlin is on the hot seat this year.
    Man, I hope you're right. Tomlin talks and talks and talks and says the right things, but he isn't delivering. The team continues to play in a fog. Felix Jones is the latest example. You HAVE to stay inbounds on that play. The mental part of the game is missing for a lot of these guys and that stuff, when not there, needs to be coached to. I don't think that's happening. Unless the Steelers win at least one playoff game, I think the Steelers need a new coach.

Once again our special teams sh*ts the bed. I am amazed at how easy other teams make special teams look. Yes, I know other teams give up big plays on ST, but I can't think of another team that makes me hold my breath every time the ST unit hits the field. Laughable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Now I'm not going to argue that. Cowher was the biggest Conservative HC ever. And it did cost us several times. But no one is comparing the direct results of each other. I'm talking about mostly Discipline Issues as well as losing constantly to worse teams. I have seen no Improvements this preseason in those areas of Discipline. And I will wait til we play our first 5 games of the season...3, if not 4 of which we should win. But, if we lose more then we win, and we again total many penalties, especially the ones like Personal foul or Unnecessary roughness penalties, we then how can anyone just overlook this BS once again ?
    I know you like me but can you please stop calling my name so much
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Yes but those losses didn't keep us out of the playoffs did they ? Tomlin's losses are directly tied to use missing the playoffs last season. Also one of those Bengal losses we were devistated by Injuries as well. And you are overlooking the fact that in the past 4 years, we have had more 15 yard personal foul penalties then ANY other 10 teams during that same time...Wow!!
    Every loss contributed to keeping us out of the playoffs...

You need to log off... you are typing just to type

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash View Post
    I believe he is also. Art II wants Haley as his head coach.

Be prepared.
    Cant agree with that. Because if Haley succeeds so does Tomlin. If he fails, so does Tomlin. If they lose it's at least in part that Haley isn't doing his job.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    Man, I hope you're right. Tomlin talks and talks and talks and says the right things, but he isn't delivering. The team continues to play in a fog. Felix Jones is the latest example. You HAVE to stay inbounds on that play. The mental part of the game is missing for a lot of these guys and that stuff, when not there, needs to be coached to. I don't think that's happening. Unless the Steelers win at least one playoff game, I think the Steelers need a new coach.

Once again our special teams sh*ts the bed. I am amazed at how easy other teams make special teams look. Yes, I know other teams give up big plays on ST, but I can't think of another team that makes me hold my breath every time the ST unit hits the field. Laughable.
    And Bobby April was there for the taking a few years ago and we totally ignored the guy. Just like our drafts, Tomlin appears to fail miserably in the assistant coach department as well. I hope you guys are right about Tomlin being on the hot seat but I just don't see it. He knows he just needs to keep coming up with clever cliche's to deflect the attention away from his piss poor coaching ability and he is safe. We've been buying his crap for 7 years so what's another 10 or 15?