Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Backup

User Info Menu

KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Okay fans so here we go. Game 3 of the preseason. The one game where you try and play most of your opening day starters most of the way. I won't harkin too much on this game but, it would be nice if our starting unit could at least drive the ball for at least ONE TD and another score in it's first 3 series. When you consider our opponent, is that really alot to ask for ? So, who is the one player you think that might shine tonight on offense & defense ? I will say my Offensive player will be... " Antonio Brown " I think Ben and the team need to get him going, get him ready for Tennessee. And he has been quiet in the first 2 preseason games.
    And my one Defensive player who shines ...I will say " L. Timmons " but with a added shout out to both
    " Jarvis Jones " & " Nick Williams " I think Jarvis will get the start tonight, and be our starter game 1. And even though Nick Williams may not get alot of early playing time, I think he WILL stand out once in there tonight. So anyways, those are my " Offensive & Defensive " players I predict to shine. Who are yours ?

Administrator

User Info Menu

• I want to see if Jarvis Jones continues to improve week to week
    • I want to see something out of Heyward
    • The NT position in general
    • The o-line must improve. Can it be any worse?
    • Wheaton
    • I want to see more out of A. Brown considering he's the #1
    • RB situation & particularly Felix Jones
    • The ILB depth
    • I want to see where S. Thomas lines up and whether him and Golden will see playing time in the 1st team D sub-packages
    • Who will get the last WR spot
    • Clean / Mistake free football - Particularly turnovers and penalties must stop!
    • I want to see the first team D get some pressure on the QB without having to "send the house"
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'd like to see Al Woods up against the first teamers... Is he really for real? I am really tired of the invisible man Ziggy Hood... We have to find an upgrade over him... So I'm rooting for big Al Woods to show us some good stuff

Backup

User Info Menu

Al Woods played alot early on last week against Washington, mostly at NT. He did okay, but on average he disappointed to be truthful. I think Ziggy's playing out his final season here, Because of our Lack of depth with knowledge of the defensem that will keep Ziggy a starter. And hopefully he will play motivated in order to up his free agency next year. But I feel he wants OUT of Dickie's Defense. He wants to be on a Old Fashioned 4 man D-Line.

Starter

User Info Menu

I was unable to watch the first two games. I am really anxious to get a good look at Markus Wheaton and The Shark. Also I think I heard Cortez would play, so also to see if he can be a shut down corner.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Al Woods played alot early on last week against Washington, mostly at NT. He did okay, but on average he disappointed to be truthful. I think Ziggy's playing out his final season here, Because of our Lack of depth with knowledge of the defensem that will keep Ziggy a starter. And hopefully he will play motivated in order to up his free agency next year. But I feel he wants OUT of Dickie's Defense. He wants to be on a Old Fashioned 4 man D-Line.
    Maybe Ziggy will shine a little more this year because of the pass rush the DE's will supposedly be allowed to do.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

McClendon is a beast!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Well after some easy early passes for Smith, Ziigy Hood just got a nice little sack, so thats good. Now we get the Ball.

Backup

User Info Menu

My man Antonio Brown is coming through. 50 Yd Bom, 1st down at KC 29

Backup

User Info Menu

Well on the Bright side...we scored on our first drive. The Bad news...it was a FG!! We had them 2nd and 4 at the 9, But Dwyer got the hand off, and was Immediately hit. Our O-Line on the Left side is horrible tonight.