Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I mean dude you say our 1st teamers showed what they needed to. All that statements shows me is either you didn't watch the game....or you're mentally Incapable...wich is it ? This team, as I see it is in deep trouble. But as I said, I will wait til week 5 before I campaign for Tomlin to be fired!!

    It did look pretty bad. And as much as I have been a Tomlin backer, the team has consistently shown no character of any kind in the past several years. The play has been indisciplined too, and our schemes have been poor. The consistently pathetic O-line shows a combination of bad discipline at the player level, and bad planning at the management level. Eventually it must come to the coach.

    If this team stinks up the first 5 games, I'll join the fire Tomlin campaign.

  2. #32
    A lot of wishful thinking going on here. But you know TS do not make changes.

    But, a question for some of the strategists on the board. Early in the game KC had a 2nd and 10 somewhere around their 40 down 10-0. Smith was flushed out of the pocket and threw the ball away before he stepped out of bounds. Triplett, who is a magna cum laude graduate from the Phil Luckett school of zebra boobs of course correctly announced that he was out of the pocket [are you sure?]. Anyway, an O lineman was called for being illegally downfield and Jeffie announced that a 5 yd penalty would be assessed. This made it 2nd and 15 and KC promptly lined up and misfired on a pass. Anyhow it actually looked like to me that Smith was starting off the field as if he figured it was punt time, but NO! it was only 2nd down and they had another chance to convert. This they easily did.

    My question is Why was the penalty accepted? I thought for sure it would be declined setting up a 3rd and 10 as opposed to a 2nd and 15. Is it not easier to stop one play and get the turnover. Yes turnover because even those bums would punt on 4th and 10 in their own territory.

    I commented to someone at the bar when the penalty was accepted that it could cost TS the game. IMO it is much easier to convert a 2nd and 15 then a 3rd and 10. Any stat minded or math geeks out there agree?

  3. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    33
    So the defense gave up a TD at the end of the half and they gave up a long FG drive in the last 5 minutes to force OT.

    All of which used to be blamed on Bruce Arians.

  4. #34
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,551
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I don't like to call out individual posters but sedatedsteelersfan, you might be the worst this board has seen in a long time. Or at least since you were here last under your old name.

    The first units showed us exactly what we wanted to see tonight. Big plays on O and D. Cortez looking healthy, Troy looking REALLY healthy and 4th down stops on D. I know you're trolling, (and clearly I'm taking the bait), but please give it a rest.
    I think you speak for many
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #35
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,551
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    It did look pretty bad. And as much as I have been a Tomlin backer, the team has consistently shown no character of any kind in the past several years. The play has been indisciplined too, and our schemes have been poor. The consistently pathetic O-line shows a combination of bad discipline at the player level, and bad planning at the management level. Eventually it must come to the coach.

    If this team stinks up the first 5 games, I'll join the fire Tomlin campaign.

    Join it all you want, but Tomlin is going no where and he would be unemployed for about 5 minutes because 25 other teams in the NFL would love to have Tomlin as head coach.

    What we are seeing is the inevitable result of being on top for a decade and draft upon draft of choices at the bottom of each round. That has taken us out of contention for getting top notch Off Tackles which is our greatest need. Even this past draft we were more concerned with giving LeBeau another asset versus protecting our franchise QB. We didn't need Jones in Round 1 when Worilds was waiting to step in. We did need to continue to make the OL better and now we are paying for that.

    BTW--The Patriots got manhandled by the Lions this past week. I doubt the New England fans are having hysterical rants about firing Belichek. Some perspective please.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #36
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,551
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash View Post
    So the defense gave up a TD at the end of the half and they gave up a long FG drive in the last 5 minutes to force OT.

    All of which used to be blamed on Bruce Arians.
    Same symptom as the past two years for which the ostriches want to keep their heads buried in the sand. The defense isn't making big plays anymore but we throw out the same template and blame the offense for not doing enough and making it too hard on the "D"

    Just the way it will always be I guess since Pittsburgh has always been a "love the defense" first town since the 70s.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,084
    Didn't see the game (will catch the rerun on NFL network Tuesday night). BUT, keep in mind that KC has a LOT of talent on that team. Their biggest fail the last few seasons has been poor QB play. They solved that by bringing in Smith. Also keep in mind that KC is likely tuned in to many of the offensive plays Haley calls as he is only 2 years removed.
    The inability of the OL to establish a pocket is probably the only thing that concerns me. If Roethlisberger can't make it through the season, the Steelers will struggle to be .500. I would also add that if you saw the Steelers/Skins analysis of OL play, many of the problems were technique rather than being overmatched. I think only Gilbert was called out on one play for getting bullrushed into the QB. Preseason is the time to work out those technique problems. Hard to expect perfect play by an OL featuring 3 young starters at new positions.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 08-25-2013 at 09:39 AM.

  8. #38
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    33
    Smith was battered and bruised.

    Then our usual end of the half prevent defense showed up and he looked like Johnny Unitas.

  9. #39
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Join it all you want, but Tomlin is going no where and he would be unemployed for about 5 minutes because 25 other teams in the NFL would love to have Tomlin as head coach.

    What we are seeing is the inevitable result of being on top for a decade and draft upon draft of choices at the bottom of each round. That has taken us out of contention for getting top notch Off Tackles which is our greatest need. Even this past draft we were more concerned with giving LeBeau another asset versus protecting our franchise QB. We didn't need Jones in Round 1 when Worilds was waiting to step in. We did need to continue to make the OL better and now we are paying for that.

    BTW--The Patriots got manhandled by the Lions this past week. I doubt the New England fans are having hysterical rants about firing Belichek. Some perspective please.
    I couldn't have said it better. These posters must only watch Steelers football only. There is not one team looking good and that include the Pats, Rats, Broncos, Falcons etc.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    A lot of wishful thinking going on here. But you know TS do not make changes.

    But, a question for some of the strategists on the board. Early in the game KC had a 2nd and 10 somewhere around their 40 down 10-0. Smith was flushed out of the pocket and threw the ball away before he stepped out of bounds. Triplett, who is a magna cum laude graduate from the Phil Luckett school of zebra boobs of course correctly announced that he was out of the pocket [are you sure?]. Anyway, an O lineman was called for being illegally downfield and Jeffie announced that a 5 yd penalty would be assessed. This made it 2nd and 15 and KC promptly lined up and misfired on a pass. Anyhow it actually looked like to me that Smith was starting off the field as if he figured it was punt time, but NO! it was only 2nd down and they had another chance to convert. This they easily did.

    My question is Why was the penalty accepted? I thought for sure it would be declined setting up a 3rd and 10 as opposed to a 2nd and 15. Is it not easier to stop one play and get the turnover. Yes turnover because even those bums would punt on 4th and 10 in their own territory.

    I commented to someone at the bar when the penalty was accepted that it could cost TS the game. IMO it is much easier to convert a 2nd and 15 then a 3rd and 10. Any stat minded or math geeks out there agree?
    I was also thinking decline the penalty and give them 3rd and 10 instead of 2nd and 15.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •