Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Didn't the Steelers draft a RB in the 2nd round?

Sign another RB in free agency?

Trade for yet another just last week?

I'm just saying they are still here. Guys who have put the ball on the ground, stacked up numerous penalties and mental mistakes are still fighting for PT. Not to point blame but that's a reality. And we wonder why the team has played undisciplined. Sometimes, you have to cut players loose just to make a point to the others. That message would read, keep your head in the game or you might not have a job.

Personally, I would cut anyone who struggled with fumbling, false starts, conditioning issues (multiple years), locker room garbage talk, public garbage talk, legal issues etc. It might mean losing 10 players or so, but it would send a loud message to the rest. That is the only way to get on top of these kinds of infectious mental mistakes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tommy Maddox the insurance agent/XFL swap meet superstar? That's who you are running with? LOL.. I think that proves my point.
    What point is that Dizz? The fact that he EVEN let that QB (yes the insurance agent dude), pass enough to break the record shows he IS NOT against a QB throwing thus "undervaluing" the position.

..and we all watched the 2009 season... you think that was Ben's fault for all those losses? We had to onside kick after scoring AT HOME because our D was pathetic. We lost a good 4 games due to the D that year.
    Dang THAT is an excellent point........if I was referring to 2009 Dizz.

Look at my post....we are talking Cowhers LAST YEAR as coach, The year after the SB. The year Ben IGNORED HIS COACH AND STUPIDLY almost died in a bike crash during the offseason.

BC gave Ben the keys to the team let him open up the passing game in the 2006 regular season.
    And YES it was a failure.....not because of the defense, because of BEN.
    BC was stupid too for moving away from a near flawless winning formula especiallty given Bens injury.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-27-2013 at 04:59 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm just saying they are still here. Guys who have put the ball on the ground, stacked up numerous penalties and mental mistakes are still fighting for PT. Not to point blame but that's a reality. And we wonder why the team has played undisciplined. Sometimes, you have to cut players loose just to make a point to the others. That message would read, keep your head in the game or you might not have a job.

Personally, I would cut anyone who struggled with fumbling, false starts, conditioning issues (multiple years), locker room garbage talk, public garbage talk, legal issues etc. It might mean losing 10 players or so, but it would send a loud message to the rest. That is the only way to get on top of these kinds of infectious mental mistakes.
    Not only did we draft a RB but........ who was the worst offender when it came to mental errors?

WILLIE COLON......Where is he? Gone.
    Couple of years ago we got rid of Kemo because he was stupid.

Colon AND Kemo are both more powerful than Foster in my opinion.

All signs pointed to Dwyer being gone earlier. I doubt he would have gotten the reps to make an impression as he has done. Look at the situation now. Would YOU cut him with all the injuries?

Sure we want discipline but whatcha gonna do, cut Brown, 2 running backs, and pray that the kid heals like "Wolverine" for game one?
    Should we cut Pouncey because he is making mistakes in the preseason?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-27-2013 at 05:13 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

At this point in time, thank God those players are still here...or else we'd be watching Baron Batch and Alvestor Alexander running the ball week one...

Perhaps they wouldn't fumble, but I strongly doubt you'd see 100+ yard performances either...

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    BC was stupid too for moving away from a near flawless winning formula especiallty given Bens injury.
    It's disgusts me when Kordell Stewart fans (especially those of Afro-American race), who have resented Ben from day one, continue to spread such nonsense about Ben, all because their hero failed, where Ben succeeded.

The "formula" from 2004-2006 NEVER CHANGED. Pass early, then run late. They did it in 2004, they did it in 2005, and they tried to do it in 2006.

The ONLY thing that changed in 2006, was the EXECUTION, not the game plan.

You people never get it through your heads, that when teams who try to pass get behind early in games? They have to keep trying to pass to get back into the game simply because of time.

What do you want? To run the ball, quit, go home, and lose?

Kordell's done. History. Finished. He's not coming back.

No matter how many times you lie about the 6-5 cracker from Ohio with two Super Bowl rings.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What point is that Dizz? The fact that he EVEN let that QB (yes the insurance agent dude), pass enough to break the record shows he IS NOT against a QB throwing thus "undervaluing" the position.

Dang THAT is an excellent point........if I was referring to 2009 Dizz.

Look at my post....we are talking Cowhers LAST YEAR as coach, The year after the SB. The year Ben IGNORED HIS COACH AND STUPIDLY almost died in a bike crash during the offseason.

BC gave Ben the keys to the team let him open up the passing game in the 2006 regular season.
    And YES it was a failure.....not because of the defense, because of BEN.

Great point.. lol. However, are you really going to act Cowher was invested in 2006?

When I said Cowher devalued the QB position I was never talking about the amount of passes thrown. I'm talking about who was throwing the majority of our passes during the Cowher era. The talent level was a little suspect at the QB position. If Cowher had his way we wouldnt have Ben.. and putwide of O'Donnell our QB situation was below average.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's disgusts me when Kordell Stewart fans (especially those of Afro-American race), who have resented Ben from day one, continue to spread such nonsense about Ben, all because their hero failed, where Ben succeeded.
    I would be disgusted with that too. Let me know when you find THAT GUY Crash.

Crash I did indeed root for Kordell, never hated on him true. But I have always admitted his limitations. Just never had the ire you had.

Crash I REJOICED when we drafted Ben thought for sure he would be gone when we drafted. I would have drafted him number one over Eli AND Rivers. I used to live in Hawaii and SAW BEN TEAR HAWAII UP in college. Had we NOT drafted Ben when he fell to us I would have been CRUSHED. I have NEVER ONCE even IMPLIED Ben was inferior to Kordell. Go ahead do a search Crash. THAT would be ridiculous. I believe Ben is the best Steeler QB EVER.....better than Terry.

The "formula" from 2004-2006 NEVER CHANGED. Pass early, then run late. They did it in 2004, they did it in 2005, and they tried to do it in 2006.
    Mostly, it was more like "balance early" run late in most games. And YOU HATED IT. You called it going to the "turtle" which was a strategy that WAS NEAR UNDEFEATED with Ben at QB under Cower who you despised. Dont act like you LOVED the strategy. "I" defended it to you.

The ONLY thing that changed in 2006, was the EXECUTION, not the game plan.
    And so you DONT disagree with where the blame lies? Please share your opinion?

You people never get it through your heads, that when teams who try to pass get behind early in games? They have to keep trying to pass to get back into the game simply because of time.
    You have a point there, to a degree. Besting your career high by nearly 200 attempts.....that is being behind and a bit of philosophy change as well.

Kordell's done. History. Finished. He's not coming back.
    Well Crash he DOES COME BACK now doesn't he?
    When YOU bring him up. Amazingly when you are "invited to depart" this board NOBODY ELSE even thinks about him FOR MONTHS.

No matter how many times you lie about the 6-5 cracker from Ohio with two Super Bowl rings.
    Seriously, that expression offends me Crash. Especially if you imply those are MY thoughts.

How specifically have I "lied" about Ben in this tread?

See this is where we differ. I love that we have Ben. I think he is the greatest Steeler QB ever. I just don't worship at his alter like you and can admit HE HAD A BAD SEASON IN 2006. He was STUPID for not wearing a helmet on his bike, SOMETHING THAT YOU DEFEND TO THE DEATH just because you hate that Cowher told him to wear a helmet. How the heck is that a lie? You see Crash, I dont want to see my favorite QB get hurt. Is that not logical?

Crash you have "good guys" and "bad guys".
    Cowher, Hines, Art jr, Haley, etc are "villains" on your own team. Anything of controversy YOU side against them.
    Ben, Arians, etc are "heroes" divine beings above all reproach, infallible.

As a result, anyone who simply acknowledges a flaw in a "Hero" is somehow a "hater".
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-27-2013 at 06:42 PM.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Great point.. lol. However, are you really going to act Cowher was invested in 2006?

When I said Cowher devalued the QB position I was never talking about the amount of passes thrown. I'm talking about who was throwing the majority of our passes during the Cowher era. The talent level was a little suspect at the QB position. If Cowher had his way we wouldnt have Ben.. and putwide of O'Donnell our QB situation was below average.
    In not drafting QBs high yeah, you have a point Dizz. And having an "insurance salesman" at the helm does make your case.
    We are just looking at it from different angles.

Dang, I need to reply to you more often after replying to Crash, the clarity of your logic REALLY stands out after that nonsense.
    Then again maybe its my crazy pro-black racial bias

Oh and BTW if this thread does not imply it, I like both coaches......but I DO LIKE COWHER a little more (despite his color)

TCFCLTC-

Banned

User Info Menu

Besting your career high by nearly 200 attempts.....that is being behind and a bit of philosophy change as well.
    No it isn't. When one follows the team and takes into consideration that in 2006 Ben started 15 games, compared to 13 as a rookie, and 12 in 2005 because of injuries guess what? You're passing attempts are going to go up when you are behind in games and simply by playing in more of them.

Seriously, that expression offends me Crash. Especially if you imply those are MY thoughts.
    They are. You pretty much prove it when you have to lie about Ben and his career to make Kordell look better than what he was.

Then again, YOU thought Kordell played a good game against the Bengals when he was completing 5 yard (or less) passes all day.

How specifically have I "lied" about Ben in this tread?
    "BC gave Ben the keys to the team let him open up the passing game in the 2006 regular season"

That's a lie. NOTHING changed in year three from years one and two for Ben.
    Last edited by SeniorCrash; 08-27-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

They are. You pretty much prove it when you have to lie about Ben and his career
    Oh Crash you missed the part in my last post where I said "where specifically have I lied about Ben?"
    I just called him the greatest Steeler QB EVER.
    Then again, YOU thought Kordell played a good game against the Bengals when he was completing 5 yard (or less) passes all day.
    LOL, seriously Crash? Some random game against the Bengals a DECADE ago??
    I dont doubt you at all but I dont know what game you are talking about.
    I do vaguely recall what you describe though I don't know the year.

You really accuse ME of being obsessed with the dude? Somebody needs a mirror.

Sounds like he threw short a lot. If I called it a good game we must have won.

Try this Crash, close your eyes and PRETEND IT WAS BEN. Then you'll understand.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-27-2013 at 07:07 PM.

TCFCLTC-