Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Monday Night Football Executive 2013

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the steelers and MNF exec has been nothing but a season of pain.

please god.......make it stop.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    the steelers and MNF exec has been nothing but a season of pain.

please god.......make it stop.
    Now that's funny.........oh crap your ahead of me in MNF exec

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    Both myself (Lonbull) and SteelerofDeville --- somehow made the same mistake on our schedules by thinking that the Patriots and Texans were playing in Week 14, instead of last week......so both of us (under the rules) will enjoy the Browns v. New England match-up.....this turn out to be a very tough break for myself, (who for a change -- I am somewhat competitive this season)....and for SOD who I'm sure was hoping to continue his late season Rally!
    Busted .... "i GOTTA pick something -- this first effing game is about to start... pats-texans that week? sounds good!!" LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Busted .... "i GOTTA pick something -- this first effing game is about to start... pats-texans that week? sounds good!!" LOL
    And yet you managed to bumble your way into a Cleveland at New England matchup that no one in their right mind would ever choose, but still got a game in which one team comes from 17 points down and wins it with a TD in the last 30 seconds (plus the Browns QB who wasn't expected to play earlier in the week got you a 3 TD game as well).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Week 14

Ruthlessburgher - 615
    Lonbull - 610
    SteelerofDeville- 605
    MeetJoeGreene – 595
    Papillion – 585
    Jooser – 545
    Chadman - 545
    Iron Shiek – 540
    Passhappy - 535
    Flippy – 525
    Ghost - 510
    Starlifter - 505
    Fordfixer - 500
    Pfelix73 - 495
    ESPN - 465
    Steelgal – 460
    NBC – 445

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a new leader -- Ruthlessburgher!! He (along with six other MNF Execs) enjoyed the weekly high score of 85 points that included the best "record bonus" you can get - 30 points leading into the game, and a two point finish that included a FG less than 30 seconds....THAT is how it is done!

However Ruthlessburgher has four competitors all less than 30 points behind him including yours truly (Lonbull) and SteelerofDeville who should both be embarrassed that we earned 80 points in the Cleveland v. Patriots game......embarrassed because neither of us picked that game on purpose....and also because we used a Cleveland GAME ---

The SHAME! But hey....I can't really speak for SOD, but I'll shamelessly except these points. SOD if you'd instead prefer to take a zero for this week I'll certainly make the adjustment to your score.

Ruthlessburgher and I will share the same game this week -- but the three Execs. immediately behind us, all have different games, including MeetJoeGreene who picks up 10 points at kickoff and will move into a two way tie for third place!

Here we are at the end of the season -- and ANY NUMBER of shake-ups can still go down!!

There is a chance that Ruthlessburgher and I could pick up 10 points in this game but that's ONLY if James Harrison is a STARTER for the Bengals this Sunday. Even if James plays -- he HAS to be considered a starter for this game!! So if he isn't announced as one of the starting defenders, Ruthlessburgher and I will just have to hope for the best!

***When they announce the starting defenders on TV that is what I will use (if Harrison is included or not).

Good Luck next Week your leader is in RED

Week 15:

Green Bay v. Dallas – (+10) Passhappy, MJG, Chadman, Flippy
    Baltimore v. Detroit – (+10) Steelgal, ESPN

Cincinnati v. Pittsburgh – Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, Ghost, Iron Shiek, NBC, Fordfixer
    Washington v, Atlanta – Pfelix73, Papillion
    San Diego v. Denver – Starlifter
    Seahawks v. Giants – SOD, Jooser

Legend

User Info Menu

I've played this game for years and have been perennially mediocre at it. Gotta love seeing my name in red, particularly this late in the season. Now I can root for a good game tonight, hopefully with some late Big Ben magic to earn a close win for us.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow. What a comeback by the pack. MJG is not going away easily.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Week 15

MeetJoeGreene – 690
    Chadman - 640
    Ruthlessburgher - 635
    Passhappy - 630
    Lonbull - 630
    Papillion – 625
    Flippy – 620
    SteelerofDeville- 620
    Jooser – 560
    Iron Shiek – 560
    Pfelix73 - 535
    Ghost - 530
    Starlifter - 520
    Fordfixer - 520
    ESPN - 510
    Steelgal – 505
    NBC – 465

The Green Bay v. Dallas game provided a week high score of 95 points -- as it featured a classic Cowboy meltdown (losing a game they at one time had a 17 point lead in), a one point victory, 4 TD's by the game winning QB and finally a game that featured two teams with winning records.....count it up and you've got 95 points for MeetJoeGreene, Chadman, (newcomer) Passhappy, and the late charging Flippy!

With two weeks left in the season - MJG has reclaimed the lead and established a 50 point buffer! Arch-Rival Chadman bumps himself into second place an I fear the smack talk could be overwhelming between these two (at least I hope so).

Newcomer and complete mystery Passhappy finds himself in 3rd place -- and it has taken him quite awhile to crawl out of the cellar --- but as any former Champion will tell you (not that I'm one of them)....it doesn't matter how long you dwell at the bottom as long as you land on top at the right time.....which has in essence been the recipe that Flippy (now in 6th place) has mastered over the years --- we'll see if he can pull off yet another last minute miracle???

Looking ahead only Former Champion Ghost (and NBC) have bonus points at the kickoff of Week 16.....and for many of us this could be a banner week in the Goose Egg lounge as I hear they'll be serving up a Special Goose Eggnog this week.....that many of us could be sippin' (incidentally Happy Holidays MNF Execs. I enjoy playing this game quite a bit and am thankful you all make it so much fun!)

Looking at the games of Week 16 all of us could be scrambling for points as we hit the final stretch.

Also don't forget the "Special" Week 17 bonus....as it could certainly serve any number of Execs this season!

Good Luck next Week your leader is in RED

Week 16:

New England v. Baltimore – (+10) Ghost, NBC

Atlanta v. San Fran – MeetJoeGreene, ESPN, Passhappy,
    Steelers v Packers – Chadman, Steelgal, Jooser
    Dallas v Washington – Fordfixer, Starlifter
    Denver v. Houston – Ruthlessburgher, Pfelix73, Lonbull, Iron Shiek, SteelerofDeville, Papillion, Flippy

Week 17:

Cleveland v. Steelers – Passhappy, Fordfixer, Papillion
    Kansas City v. San Diego – MJG
    Redskins v. Giants – Chadman, Iron Shiek
    Baltimore v. Bengals – Ruthlessburgher, Starlifter, Steelgal, Jooser
    Green Bay v. Chicago – Pfelix73
    Philadelphia v. Dallas – Lonbull, Ghost, SteelerofDeville
    Detroit v. Minn - Flippy
    Last edited by Lonbull; 12-22-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seriously...I had forgotten about chadman..where did that tosser come from.

At least he has a loser of a game In the last week.

If SD wins this week and then needs to beat KC to get into the playoffs next week.. I could be in for some serious points.. while the Down Under Blunder Kid gets to watch Eli vs. RGIII
    Last edited by MeetJoeGreene; 12-21-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    Week 15

MeetJoeGreene – 690
    Chadman - 640
    Passhappy - 630
    Ruthlessburgher - 635
    Lonbull - 630
    Flippy – 620
    Papillion – 625
    SteelerofDeville- 620
    Jooser – 560
    Iron Shiek – 560
    Pfelix73 - 535
    Ghost - 530
    Starlifter - 520
    Fordfixer - 520
    ESPN - 510
    Steelgal – 505
    NBC – 465

Newcomer and complete mystery Passhappy finds himself in 3rd place.
    If the numbers above are correct, it looks like Passhappy is actually tied with you for 4th place with 630 points, Lonbull. I'm in the bronze medal position right now, with a front row seat right behind the MJG/Chadman fireworks that are sure to go off this week.

Also, Pappy would be 5 points behind you two, and 5 points ahead of flippy and SoD.