Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eddie " The God " Lacy

Backup

User Info Menu

Eddie " The God " Lacy

The guy alot of you here say you wanted rather then Bell really showed up tonight in the all Important 3rd game of preseason against a Seattle team that is NOT known for their Run Defense. And Lacy came in and DOMINATED the Hawks by Rushing 8 times for....MINUS 5 yards!!!

I don't know about the rest of the Bell fans but...I'm sure Impressed.( Insert Sarcasm here )

Legend

User Info Menu

I actually logged in tonight to post the very same thing.

can you imagine what some posters here would be saying about Lacy if the Steelers had drafted him and he rushed 8 times for minus 5 yards for us?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    The guy alot of you here say you wanted rather then Bell really showed up tonight in the all Important 3rd game of preseason against a Seattle team that is NOT known for their Run Defense. And Lacy came in and DOMINATED the Hawks by Rushing 8 times for....MINUS 5 yards!!!

I don't know about the rest of the Bell fans but...I'm sure Impressed.( Insert Sarcasm here )
    i didnt see the game, and(admittedly) im no math wizard. but it seems pretty obvious from the stat line that he was hit behind the line of scrimmage a lot.

do you have anyone in mind that could excel in such a situation??

besides jonathan dwyer and le'veon bell, of course

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i didnt see the game, and(admittedly) im no math wizard. but it seems pretty obvious from the stat line that he was hit behind the line of scrimmage a lot.

do you have anyone in mind that could excel in such a situation??

besides jonathan dwyer and le'veon bell, of course
    Barry Sanders
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

This says more about the Hawks defense than it does about Lacy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    This says more about the Hawks defense than it does about Lacy.
    Watched parts of the game and you're right 7 UP. Hawks D was swarming all night long. Pete Carroll has put together a very competitive team in a short time.
    GB's OL was never known to be that good. They were better than the Steelers in the run game last season, but that's like saying "Ooh good I've got syphilis, the BEST of the sexually transmitted diseases".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why does a closet Patriots Fan post so much in here???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I actually logged in tonight to post the very same thing.

can you imagine what some posters here would be saying about Lacy if the Steelers had drafted him and he rushed 8 times for minus 5 yards for us?
    This would mean we watched the game and realized the 1st team Hawks D was swarming the 2nd team O...

We would proabably shrug it off and look forward to the next game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hmm, at least he's on the field and available.
    I wasn't sold on Lacy as a God either, I just hope we didn't draft the second coming of Duce staley.
    i watched a lot of bell in college and was pleased with our selection, but you are assessing Lacy based on a crappy preseason game. I think the hyperbole can be saved until the guy has had a few real games under his belt. Is he a god? No. But surely he'll be better than the stats you shared. These two guys will be compared their entire careers like Ben/Eli, lets let them play a little first.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah. Nothing against bell. Who I'm optimistic about, ButWe need to see more of him

Besides. Id be more worried there was another 2nd round pick RB in that game that looked real impressive as well while leveon has (other then 4 plays) missed 3 games....and counting