Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eddie " The God " Lacy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Hmm, at least he's on the field and available.
    I wasn't sold on Lacy as a God either, I just hope we didn't draft the second coming of Duce staley.
    i watched a lot of bell in college and was pleased with our selection, but you are assessing Lacy based on a crappy preseason game. I think the hyperbole can be saved until the guy has had a few real games under his belt. Is he a god? No. But surely he'll be better than the stats you shared. These two guys will be compared their entire careers like Ben/Eli, lets let them play a little first.
    The comparison I will be watching is Bell vs Cinci's pick in the draft... Bernard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Seattle guy we have on this board will tell you, that the Seabags are NO joke. Don't tell me nothing about their run D being nothing special. They do have something special brewing there. All one has to do is look at the way they dominate folks when they come to Seattle. They beat the he!! out of teams.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Bell had that stat line, this board would break...

Backup

User Info Menu

My whole point of this thread was that, one, two, and even 5 games of anyones career just starting out NEVER should tell the tale on anyone. It wouldn't have mattered if Lacy had like say 60 yards on 8 carries, and 2 TD's. The only difference would be that alot of you Lacy Homers would have posted yet another thread telling us...SEE, we could have had that..( Lacy )...instead
    of that Broken down Bum..( Bell )....and that to would have been a idiotic response. Just like my thread here calling out Lacy for Minus 5 yards last night. The old saying, " One swallow does not a summer make " holds true. And a few meaningless preseason games also do NOT A Hall of fame career make. Not for Lacy, not for Bell, not even for the Seahawks rookie RB, "Christine Michael "...who was selected AFTER Lacy & Bell, and who had 97 Yards last night on 11 carries. I'm surprised no one here is touting him this morning saying we should have drafted HIM over Bell ( LOL )

All I'm saying is, before we throw Bell into the " Tim Worley " catigory, or maybe the better suited " Limus Sweed " catigory, maybe we should give him a little time first.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    when a guy has 8 carries for negative yards and a pass for -6 yards it means the D was in the backfield all game. I doubt anyone would jump on Bell if he had that stat line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    My whole point of this thread was that, one, two, and even 5 games of anyones career just starting out NEVER should tell the tale on anyone. It wouldn't have mattered if Lacy had like say 60 yards on 8 carries, and 2 TD's. The only difference would be that alot of you Lacy Homers would have posted yet another thread telling us...SEE, we could have had that..( Lacy )...instead
    of that Broken down Bum..( Bell )....and that to would have been a idiotic response. Just like my thread here calling out Lacy for Minus 5 yards last night. The old saying, " One swallow does not a summer make " holds true. And a few meaningless preseason games also do NOT A Hall of fame career make. Not for Lacy, not for Bell, not even for the Seahawks rookie RB, "Christine Michael "...who was selected AFTER Lacy & Bell, and who had 97 Yards last night on 11 carries. I'm surprised no one here is touting him this morning saying we should have drafted HIM over Bell ( LOL )

All I'm saying is, before we throw Bell into the " Tim Worley " catigory, or maybe the better suited " Limus Sweed " catigory, maybe we should give him a little time first.
    No one is is touting Michael because we have common sense... Bell and Lacy were the 2 RB's everyone talked about going first. Most on here wanted Lacy over Bell and since Lacy was said to be injury prone it adds salt to the wound to see Bell out already.

The only person who called Lacy a God or a HOFer is YOU.

..and we have no choice but to give him time because he's HURT. This is why we are frustrated... we can't evaluate him to see if he is the better back.

Stop acting like Lacy is getting the Eifert treatment....

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    This statement is soo true.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Who knows... maybe Bell would have negative rushing yards as well.

We won't know because he's doing his best Duce Staley impersonation.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    why does a closet Patriots Fan post so much in here???
    Loneliness. Need for a sense of significance.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    when a guy has 8 carries for negative yards and a pass for -6 yards it means the D was in the backfield all game. I doubt anyone would jump on Bell if he had that stat line.
    Many people would be blaming our offensive coordinator...