Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Robinson traded to Eagles for Felix Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

No one is saying he's any where near that big now. And right or wrong, I was merely pointing out, that it was in fact, reported that he got up to 265 back at the start of OTAs. No reason to berate another poster for reporting was was reported. Up until this year he's struggled with his weight (self admitted) and his conditioning (we all saw it in games). Look, I loved the pick when it happened and thought he could bring some talent to the team. So far he's been a disappointment that's acted as if he was a 1st rounder and guaranteed a spot. It took a 2nd round draft choice and trade rumors to get off his fat a$$ and act like a professional. Hopefully the Steelers reap the benefits of this (finally).

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ummm.... McShady is beast in Philly
    Seriously! McCoy is nasty. What in the world is this kid talking about?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

a nobody for a has been..............no biggie

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Nowhere did I say it will hinder him in the future kid. If football was about putting pressure on your foot he would be in good shape. When this NC Doctor who seems to be your daddy says anything that contradicts what I have said...You may have an argument. But...That didn't happen little man.
    Does this make you Flippy grandpa?

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm confued, what does any of this have to do with Jones ? I mean let me see a show of hands right now, are any of you actually saying that Felix Jones should be our starting RB come week 1 ?? Cause I can't believe anyone here would be that stupid. I mean what has Dwyer done to make any of you hate him this training Camp ? He has been nothing but great. Hard-working in camp and practices. I mean yes, I would have loved to see what Bell could have done. But as of right now even if Bell was not hurt, Dwyer is easily the teams # 1 RB based on performance. Now that doesn't mean that Bell couldn't, or wouldn't have overtaken him. But at the time of his injury, Dwyer was clearly our # 1 RB. So why anyone would think that Felix Jones was brought in to compete as our starter is just...well...stupid!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I'm confued, what does any of this have to do with Jones ? I mean let me see a show of hands right now, are any of you actually saying that Felix Jones should be our starting RB come week 1 ?? Cause I can't believe anyone here would be that stupid. I mean what has Dwyer done to make any of you hate him this training Camp ? He has been nothing but great. Hard-working in camp and practices. I mean yes, I would have loved to see what Bell could have done. But as of right now even if Bell was not hurt, Dwyer is easily the teams # 1 RB based on performance. Now that doesn't mean that Bell couldn't, or wouldn't have overtaken him. But at the time of his injury, Dwyer was clearly our # 1 RB. So why anyone would think that Felix Jones was brought in to compete as our starter is just...well...stupid!!
    I think since both Redman & Dwyer didn't take the #1 last year they feel nobody will push them with Bell in sweats. Also think Redman & Howling injuries left them thin. Alexander, Wright, and Batch have really contributed nothing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Does this make you Flippy grandpa?
    I'm gonna be able to trace the whole family tree before today's over

Starter

User Info Menu

I also read that Dwyer was 265 at OTAs. I think it would be generous to say Dwyer is 224 RIGHT NOW. Dwyer came into camp in shape to make the team. Once he makes the team no one but JD knows whether or not he will swell up again.

As for Bell he will be out through the bye week IMO. And even then he is a rookie who will have had no contact in nearly two months. At that point they will have to bring him back slowly to avoid having him get injured again or struggle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I don't think anyone is expecting to trade a guy you're about to cut for a starter. BUT football is about competition. I like having guys fighting for a spot. I don't trust Dwyer even a little bit though. I hope he blows up and dominates but I'm a skeptic of everyone until they show up.

Legend

User Info Menu

What if the Steelers just stumbled across an opportunity to snatch up a playmaker? A guy who has averaged 4.8 ypc over his career? A guy who can catch? With injuries at key offensive positions and the loss of Wallace, maybe just maybe Haley wants to get creative, while also having some additional protection against RB injury...a guy who can return balls as well.

I'm not sure what kinds of OL schemes he ran behind but its possible Jones excels at running behind zone blocking schemes and the Steelers were salivating over the possibility of getting the former first round draft pick.