Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 99

Thread: Adrian Robinson traded to Eagles for Felix Jones

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    As much as I like Robinson as a pass rusher, I love this trade. I can see a no huddle offense with Brown, Sanders, Wheaton, Howling, and Jones all on the field together. Spread em out and give these open field runners some room to work.

    None of the backs on our roster have shown an ability to stay healthy and carry the load. Jones is another in the same mold. But the one difference is Jones has averaged close to 5 YPC thru his career thus far. This probably means Dunn won't make the roster with another potential returner in Jones.

    And Barron Batch can focus more on his art now.

    With where Haley's offense is going, I see Jones as a great fit in Pittsburgh.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,350
    Bell fans are fooling themselves thinking that a foot injury on a RB is a quick fix. Bell MAY be back after week 2 or 3 of the regular season but he could easily take up to 8 weeks before he could practice. Robinson has shown flashes but this move is about now. Investment speaking...It is a win for the Steelers. A 1st rounder for an UDFA. He is a starting RB if he could stay healthy and could help you in the return game.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

  3. #23
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    As much as I like Robinson as a pass rusher, I love this trade. I can see a no huddle offense with Brown, Sanders, Wheaton, Howling, and Jones all on the field together. Spread em out and give these open field runners some room to work.

    None of the backs on our roster have shown an ability to stay healthy and carry the load. Jones is another in the same mold. But the one difference is Jones has averaged close to 5 YPC thru his career thus far. This probably means Dunn won't make the roster with another potential returner in Jones.

    And Barron Batch can focus more on his art now.

    With where Haley's offense is going, I see Jones as a great fit in Pittsburgh.




    That's laughable. You already have a guy, who was 4th on the Eagles depth Chart, and they were never exactly chalk-filled with great RB's...on the field with us when Jones has NEVER played in a offense like Haley's. And has no concept of our Playbook.


    Not a chance in hell son.

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    That's laughable. You already have a guy, who was 4th on the Eagles depth Chart, and they were never exactly chalk-filled with great RB's...on the field with us when Jones has NEVER played in a offense like Haley's. And has no concept of our Playbook.


    Not a chance in hell son.
    Thanks Dad!

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    33
    Jones is a nice pickup as long as they don't try to turn him into Fran Rogel.

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash View Post
    Jones is a nice pickup as long as they don't try to turn him into Fran Rogel.
    You know we'll be running Jones and Howling up the middle and trying to get Dwyer and Redman on the edge. That's just our running game

  7. #27
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quite a few RB's/WR's have had the Lisfranc Injury, and have made it back on the field in 6 weeks. And Bell doesn't even have Lisfranc injury, so how you or anyone here can say he won't see the field for 2 months is ridiculous. I'm telling you, this trade has something to do with Howling. Cause Jones and Howling are simular players. 3rd down RB's. Jones has nothing to do with Redman's game or Dwyer. BOTH are making this roster. We have always had 4 RB's on a roster, sometimes even 5. So the Felix Jones trade does not mean the end for either Dwyer or Redman. It means the end of Batch for sure. And it means that Felix was brought in to compete with Howling. Either he is hurt. Or Howling, even though Impressive in the first preseason game, has NOT been Impressive in practice. And maybe the Steelers wanted a different 3rd down option other then Howling.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    That's laughable. You already have a guy, who was 4th on the Eagles depth Chart, and they were never exactly chalk-filled with great RB's...on the field with us when Jones has NEVER played in a offense like Haley's. And has no concept of our Playbook.


    Not a chance in hell son.
    Eagles have McCoy & Brown. They are solid at #1 & #2. Polk & Tucker have shown enough for the Eagles to be happy to make one of them #3. Jones would be a guaranteed salary if on the roster week 1. Business wise...You go with Polk or Tucker.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Should have traded For OL, and sent Gay, Foote plus Carter.
    I would have traded for OL too, but the Steelers even making a trade is big news
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Quite a few RB's/WR's have had the Lisfranc Injury, and have made it back on the field in 6 weeks. And Bell doesn't even have Lisfranc injury, so how you or anyone here can say he won't see the field for 2 months is ridiculous. I'm telling you, this trade has something to do with Howling. Cause Jones and Howling are simular players. 3rd down RB's. Jones has nothing to do with Redman's game or Dwyer. BOTH are making this roster. We have always had 4 RB's on a roster, sometimes even 5. So the Felix Jones trade does not mean the end for either Dwyer or Redman. It means the end of Batch for sure. And it means that Felix was brought in to compete with Howling. Either he is hurt. Or Howling, even though Impressive in the first preseason game, has NOT been Impressive in practice. And maybe the Steelers wanted a different 3rd down option other then Howling.
    None of us know the severity of the injury. But I'm telling you...There is no way you or anyone else can say he will be back in 2-4 weeks. I have seen foot injuries keep skill guys out 4-8 weeks. Depends on severity and how much pain a player could endure. He will have discomfort for a long time the following day. He will have to flex his foot to knock the pain out. I suffered a foot sprain. I missed 1 week but I was an OL. I had the thing wrapped tighter than 10 lbs of sausage in a 2lb bag. I had to endure the pain to play. It was 9 weeks until I could actually stand up after being off my feet for awhile and not limp for the first 10 steps. You put that on a RB...He will be a average RB making himself a target and the coaching staff won't let him on the field until he shows no effects.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •