Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: Adrian Robinson traded to Eagles for Felix Jones

  1. #11
    I don't think they like Robinson as much as we think they do. He doesn't play special teams particularly well and hasn't gotten much run this preseason. I guess they like the Baxter kid more, plus they have a bunch of young inside backers they like a lot and don't want to have to cut them?

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,092
    He came out of the last Eagles pre-season game with a rib injury. He ran for 402 years last year and was 4th on the depth chart. Basically they traded for a guy who was going to be cut when teams had to get to 75 next Tuesday, 27th. This is even less exciting than David Johnson coming back. Meh....

  3. #13
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Well first off, thanks for the info on Bell not being able to be on the PUP list. But as far as depth to get past the preseason ???
    Sorry but I can't buy that. By all accounts Redman is back Healthy, and was said that he will be ready for the third preseason game. Dwyer is Healthy, and has looked very good. Is in great shape, and running hard. Batch is still here, and can get us through those preseason games, and we have Howling. Also, didn't we sign a RB about 10 days ago from Arizona ? He's still in camp. So I have to think when you trade for a former 1st round RB in Felix Jones, it CAN'T be just for the final 2 preseason games. That just doesn't make any sense to me. Only way this makes any sense is if Howling , who did not play against Washington because of an injury is way way worse then what any of us know, and we got Jones to replace him cause maybe Howling might be out for a while. Felix Jones, like Howling is that smaller, 3rd down type of RB who CAN catch the ball out of the backfield. Something Felix Jones HAS proven he can do.


    But no way was Jones traded for just for the final 2 preseason games. There has to be something going on with Howling that we don't know about.
    Agreed. Someone else is either hurt (or hurt worese than expected) or another trade is in the works.

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,775
    Remember folks when Colbert and Rooney said that the RB last year didn't cut it. And after showcasing Dwyer I'm thinking a team came calling again and Felix is just insurance.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Well first off, thanks for the info on Bell not being able to be on the PUP list. But as far as depth to get past the preseason ???
    Sorry but I can't buy that. By all accounts Redman is back Healthy, and was said that he will be ready for the third preseason game. Dwyer is Healthy, and has looked very good. Is in great shape, and running hard. Batch is still here, and can get us through those preseason games, and we have Howling. Also, didn't we sign a RB about 10 days ago from Arizona ? He's still in camp. So I have to think when you trade for a former 1st round RB in Felix Jones, it CAN'T be just for the final 2 preseason games. That just doesn't make any sense to me. Only way this makes any sense is if Howling , who did not play against Washington because of an injury is way way worse then what any of us know, and we got Jones to replace him cause maybe Howling might be out for a while. Felix Jones, like Howling is that smaller, 3rd down type of RB who CAN catch the ball out of the backfield. Something Felix Jones HAS proven he can do.


    But no way was Jones traded for just for the final 2 preseason games. There has to be something going on with Howling that we don't know about.
    I agree this isnt about the final 2 preseason games. Steelers could have brought any UDFA in for that. Im not sure about Howlings injury. I think this move says two things. They dont beleive Redman is a NFL caliber starting back. And they dont think Dwyer will stay in shape throughout the season. So now that Bell is out for a long period of time they are desperately trying to upgrade the position.

  6. #16
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I don't think they like Robinson as much as we think they do. He doesn't play special teams particularly well and hasn't gotten much run this preseason. I guess they like the Baxter kid more, plus they have a bunch of young inside backers they like a lot and don't want to have to cut them?
    Yea.... Colbert actually gave Baxter some props early on in training camp which is great considering he's a UDFA.

  7. #17
    Yeah, I don't necessarily there's some deeper, sinister motive here regarding the RB's.

    I tend to think they just were trying to get something for a player who was probably going to be cut. Robinson's from Harrisburg, PA and played at Temple in Philly so my guess is that someone in the Eagles organization had their eye on him.

  8. #18
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I agree this isnt about the final 2 preseason games. Steelers could have brought any UDFA in for that. Im not sure about Howlings injury. I think this move says two things. They dont beleive Redman is a NFL caliber starting back. And they dont think Dwyer will stay in shape throughout the season. So now that Bell is out for a long period of time they are desperately trying to upgrade the position.



    Yeah but Bell is not going to be out a long time. Maybe 4 weeks at Max from what I now read. And Dwyer's issues, even at Georgia teac were always coming into Camp overweight, and not in condition. This is what draft experts said about him when he came out, which is why he fell as far as he did. Even last year, Dwyer came in out of shape, and as the camp and season progressed, Dwyer got into shape like he has always done, and that is why Dwyer looked so good last season for us when he was put in. But I think no one, not Tomlin or Colbert thought that Dwyer would take this last off-season so seriously, and report in the great physical condition that he did. Hell Ed Bushchette even wrote about it during Mini Camp saying Dwyer easily looks to be 20-25 Lbs less then he was last year. And it very clearly shows in his performances so far. And Felix Jones, who even with his experience in Dallas HAS been a disappointment since he was drafted in round 1 some 5 years ago. But, even if he is healthy, which he has been the past 2 years, he is a part time RB who IS a 3rd down specialist. Something that Howling was signed for. So the very fact that we acquired Jones only tells me that something is up with Howling. A injury that is more serious then we all know. And if not, then I don't know why Felix was brought in at all.

  9. #19
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Yeah but Bell is not going to be out a long time. Maybe 4 weeks at Max from what I now read. And Dwyer's issues, even at Georgia teac were always coming into Camp overweight, and not in condition. This is what draft experts said about him when he came out, which is why he fell as far as he did. Even last year, Dwyer came in out of shape, and as the camp and season progressed, Dwyer got into shape like he has always done, and that is why Dwyer looked so good last season for us when he was put in. But I think no one, not Tomlin or Colbert thought that Dwyer would take this last off-season so seriously, and report in the great physical condition that he did. Hell Ed Bushchette even wrote about it during Mini Camp saying Dwyer easily looks to be 20-25 Lbs less then he was last year. And it very clearly shows in his performances so far. And Felix Jones, who even with his experience in Dallas HAS been a disappointment since he was drafted in round 1 some 5 years ago. But, even if he is healthy, which he has been the past 2 years, he is a part time RB who IS a 3rd down specialist. Something that Howling was signed for. So the very fact that we acquired Jones only tells me that something is up with Howling. A injury that is more serious then we all know. And if not, then I don't know why Felix was brought in at all.
    Came to trainging camp in shape. Only because he thoughthe may get cut after showing up at OTAS earlier at 265 pds. Coach"s pretty much ignored him at OTA's. I think they are worried that the light will never go off in his head to take care of his body year round.

  10. #20
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Came to trainging camp in shape. Only because he thoughthe may get cut after showing up at OTAS earlier at 265 pds. Coach"s pretty much ignored him at OTA's. I think they are worried that the light will never go off in his head to take care of his body year round.



    First off, Dwyer has never seen 265 in his life. And second, he weighed in at Camp at 224 Lbs, And reportedly ran in the low 4,4's in the forty. And regardless of what they might THINK...that has nothing to do with getting a former 1st round RB who has failed, and is not a durable RB at any point in his career. So your response points are ridiculous.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •