Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99

Thread: Adrian Robinson traded to Eagles for Felix Jones

  1. #1

    Adrian Robinson traded to Eagles for Felix Jones

    Seems like a decent deal. Robinson was probably not going to make the final 53 here, same with Jones in Philly. Looks like some added insurance for the next few weeks.
    Last edited by steelsnis; 08-23-2013 at 11:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Wow! Surprising cause Jones is a RB...So does this mean maybe Bell is gonna be PUP for the start of the season ? And Jones is more of a Howling like RB, and we already have Howling, so why is Jones needed ? I mean is there a injury to Redman that we don't know about ? This is a very weird accusition to me.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,159
    Should have traded For OL, and sent Gay, Foote plus Carter.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Wow! Surprising cause Jones is a RB...So does this mean maybe Bell is gonna be PUP for the start of the season ? And Jones is more of a Howling like RB, and we already have Howling, so why is Jones needed ? I mean is there a injury to Redman that we don't know about ? This is a very weird accusition to me.
    Well it's not the former for sure, as Bell isn't eligible for the PUP list. He's already practiced with the team so he can't be placed there.

    They may want to be cautious with Redman so they needed another body for the final preseason games?

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Wow! Surprising cause Jones is a RB...So does this mean maybe Bell is gonna be PUP for the start of the season ? And Jones is more of a Howling like RB, and we already have Howling, so why is Jones needed ? I mean is there a injury to Redman that we don't know about ? This is a very weird accusition to me.
    I think more is behind this move, I have a feeling either Redman or Dwyer is next for trade.
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 08-23-2013 at 11:32 AM.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I think more is behind this move, I have a feeling either Redman or Dwyer is next for trade.
    Remember the Dwyer to Denver rumors around draft.

  7. #7
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Well it's not the former for sure, as Bell isn't eligible for the PUP list. He's already practiced with the team so he can't be placed there.

    They may want to be cautious with Redman so they needed another body for the final preseason games?
    I don't think you would trade a guy like AR that showed potential just to be cautious with Redman for 2 more preaseason games. It's not like Redman is Adrian Peterson.

  8. #8
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    652
    Outside of injuries I have always liked Felix Jones. Not sure what plans are for him but I like the move.

  9. #9
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Outside of injuries I have always liked Felix Jones. Not sure what plans are for him but I like the move.
    Me two. Felix has had his injury problems throughout the years but at least he has starting experience which is something AR doesn't have right now and likely won't have for awhile because of where he stands on the depth chart.

  10. #10
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Well it's not the former for sure, as Bell isn't eligible for the PUP list. He's already practiced with the team so he can't be placed there.

    They may want to be cautious with Redman so they needed another body for the final preseason games?




    Well first off, thanks for the info on Bell not being able to be on the PUP list. But as far as depth to get past the preseason ???
    Sorry but I can't buy that. By all accounts Redman is back Healthy, and was said that he will be ready for the third preseason game. Dwyer is Healthy, and has looked very good. Is in great shape, and running hard. Batch is still here, and can get us through those preseason games, and we have Howling. Also, didn't we sign a RB about 10 days ago from Arizona ? He's still in camp. So I have to think when you trade for a former 1st round RB in Felix Jones, it CAN'T be just for the final 2 preseason games. That just doesn't make any sense to me. Only way this makes any sense is if Howling , who did not play against Washington because of an injury is way way worse then what any of us know, and we got Jones to replace him cause maybe Howling might be out for a while. Felix Jones, like Howling is that smaller, 3rd down type of RB who CAN catch the ball out of the backfield. Something Felix Jones HAS proven he can do.


    But no way was Jones traded for just for the final 2 preseason games. There has to be something going on with Howling that we don't know about.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •