Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Adrian Robinson traded to Eagles for Felix Jones

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm not trying to call out Dwyer for being all world, cause he's not. But of all our RB's, he's the one who has showed the most. He was the one who has dramatically changed his physical condition. And, the 2 WORST Rushing teams in the league last year, Dallas & Arizona were easily the worst. Both in total rushing yards per game, and Yards per attempt. And neither of those horrible rushing teams wanted Howlings.( Arizona )...or Jones ( Dallas ) back. What should that tell you ? And you wanna dump our best looking young RB away ????

Okay, whatever!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Tell me which part of my post wasn't accurate?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree that the Jones addition should not be made at the expense of Dwyer. Or Redman who has historically demonstrated the ability to fight for the short yardage. Wish we would return to using him in that manner. So with Bell, Dwyer, and Redman set...and WJohnson as the FB...the battle for the last spot comes down to Jones and Howling (and I guess Batch who I was never really impressed with) as the 3rd down back. At least from my perspective.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I agree that the Jones addition should not be made at the expense of Dwyer. Or Redman who has historically demonstrated the ability to fight for the short yardage. Wish we would return to using him in that manner. So with Bell, Dwyer, and Redman set...and WJohnson as the FB...the battle for the last spot comes down to Jones and Howling (and I guess Batch who I was never really impressed with) as the 3rd down back. At least from my perspective.

I think Felix was brought in because one...Bell might be held out til week 4, and because Batch & Dunn won't be here, and Jones can be a kick return guy, even though most kick-offs go through the endzone. And because I feel Howlings has not been as good in camp as he was in our 1st preseason game, or his Injury is worse then we know. I think we keep 5 RB's
    Bell-Redman-Dwyer-Howlings-Jones.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I think Felix was brought in because one...Bell might be held out til week 4, and because Batch & Dunn won't be here, and Jones can be a kick return guy, even though most kick-offs go through the endzone. And because I feel Howlings has not been as good in camp as he was in our 1st preseason game, or his Injury is worse then we know. I think we keep 5 RB's
    Bell-Redman-Dwyer-Howlings-Jones.
    Don't forget WJohnson would make 6, seems like a lot. Unless he is kind of the FB/3rd TE with Paulson and DJ. Heath 6 week PUP and Spaeth to IR.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Don't forget WJohnson would make 6, seems like a lot. Unless he is kind of the FB/3rd TE with Paulson and DJ. Heath 6 week PUP and Spaeth to IR.

Johnson was on our 53 last year, along with 5 other RB's...Mendy-Dwyer-Redman-Batch-Rainey. Rainey-Batch-Mendy are gone, That leaves Bell-Howlings -F.Jones to replace them. So Will Johnson doesn't enter into it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Batch isn't gone quite yet....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Johnson was on our 53 last year, along with 5 other RB's...Mendy-Dwyer-Redman-Batch-Rainey. Rainey-Batch-Mendy are gone, That leaves Bell-Howlings -F.Jones to replace them. So Will Johnson doesn't enter into it.
    Batch could be kept over Dwyer for special teams, if nothing else.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

True, could be more of a factor this year though given the injury concerns at RB and TE. Fun to speculate on what the final 53 will look like!