Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Johnson: 'It feels great to be back in practice'

Legend

User Info Menu

David Johnson: 'It feels great to be back in practice'

David Johnson has said that it "feels great" to be back in practice with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Yesterday, the tight end took part in his first drills with the team since tearing a knee ligament in a pre-season game against the Philadelphia Eagles last year.

The 25-year-old told the team's website: "It feels great. I have been at it a long time. I was really excited to get back out there today, finally put on the pads and be out there with the guys.

"I am confident. I am excited to get back out here. I know if I focus on getting out here and playing and doing what I need to do, everything will be all right. I feel great.

"I knew it would be a long road. I just kept my faith in God and just kept working hard. I knew at the end I would be all right."

Johnson could feature in the Steelers' pre-season game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday.

[url]http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/american-football/pittsburgh-steelers/news/johnson-it-feels-great-to-be-back-in-practice_100038.html[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Glad he feels great unfortunately he contributes very little to making the Steelers a better team.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I wasn't a big DJ fan, but his game was starting to click for him last year before he got hurt. I'm curious how the Steelers will use him because they had started using him more like a FB.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm glad he's back especially after watching Paulson block during the Redskins game

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    I'm glad he's back especially after watching Paulson block during the Redskins game
    You must not remember his blocking because it wasn't anything much.

Backup

User Info Menu

After his first two seasons, it was hard to see why the Steelers were so infactuated with David Johnson. But last season besides good Blocking at the FB position, he did catch 12 passes. However as it goes to the Johnson & Johnson debate. I have to say I still like Will Johnson better. I don't know but it just seems to me that Will Johnson Blocks about as well as David does. And Will Johnson looks alot more comfortable and smoother coming out of the Backfield to catch flair passes and dump-off passes. So although I am Happy David is back and Healthy. I seriously doubt BOTH Johnson's make the final roster. And as stated, at this point, I like Will Johnson a bit better then David.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    After his first two seasons, it was hard to see why the Steelers were so infactuated with David Johnson. But last season besides good Blocking at the FB position, he did catch 12 passes. However as it goes to the Johnson & Johnson debate. I have to say I still like Will Johnson better. I don't know but it just seems to me that Will Johnson Blocks about as well as David does. And Will Johnson looks alot more comfortable and smoother coming out of the Backfield to catch flair passes and dump-off passes. So although I am Happy David is back and Healthy. I seriously doubt BOTH Johnson's make the final roster. And as stated, at this point, I like Will Johnson a bit better then David.
    Will Johnson is twice the player David Johnson ever will be. David Johnson IMO is a waste of a roster spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

DJ is very stiff, and has limited talent. It is what it is...a signing of a guy familiar with our system...due to injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    David Johnson IMO is a waste of a roster spot.
    In the past? Perhaps. THIS YEAR.....Welcome back David Johnson!!!!!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I think Will's the slightly better blocker and David's the slightly better receiver. However, Will's getting better this offseason and I think his upside as a blocker and pass catcher is better than David. I like em both and think they both deserve an NFL roster spot somewhere. Wonder if we could trade one of em?