Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What’s this? Panic in preseason?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Are you ever happy with the Steelers team Crash?
    Didn't know you had multiple accounts here Slapstick.

You can be a fan of a team and not be a blind homer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post

Crash, we have been debating for over a decade. I was shawnmedguy at the Trib. Not...slap.

I agree with your second statement. But, it's also ok being happy with your team occasionally. I have never seen that from you even when the years the Steelers won Super Bowls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not entirely true. You must be a "blind homer" when it comes to the defense and LeBeau and not dare question whether we are doing the right things. If you do you risk a virtual lynching
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Since when did calling it the way it is become doom and gloom. It is what it is. As Tomlin would say they are what they put on film. Whats on film through two preseason games has been miserable. Now we are down a starting running back. The line looks as bad as we all thought it might. And the play calling has been disturbing. Combine that with bad penalties and turnovers and there you have it. What else are people supposed to talk about?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Since when did calling it the way it is become doom and gloom?
    When people started taking message boards too serious and taking things too personal.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Conversely, no need to be a "blind hater" either.

Truth is I do not see homerism at all.

Who is screaming this is a SB team?

It is only the haters who are making prediction of doom and gloom.

Someone says "lets have perspective and not judge this team based on all of TWO meaningless preseason games" makes him a blind homer?

THAT my friend is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-22-2013 at 12:58 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Since when did calling it the way it is become doom and gloom. It is what it is. As Tomlin would say they are what they put on film. Whats on film through two preseason games has been miserable. Now we are down a starting running back. The line looks as bad as we all thought it might. And the play calling has been disturbing. Combine that with bad penalties and turnovers and there you have it. What else are people supposed to talk about?
    basically.

I don't think anyone is a hater of this team.... but some are definitely haters of the OL pass protection, another RB in sweats, TO's, penalties, etc.

doom and gloomers and haters are the ones who see a player do something well and continue to bash him or predict failure.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll never understand why people are fans of something that they are NEVER happy with. There are a lot of them here and it's why I don't visit very often. The team is never going to be perfect, no team will ever be and if that's what some of you are waiting for, good luck!

Anyway.....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not entirely true. You must be a "blind homer" when it comes to the defense and LeBeau and not dare question whether we are doing the right things. If you do you risk a virtual lynching
    You must be crash too!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    basically.

I don't think anyone is a hater of this team.... but some are definitely haters of the OL pass protection, another RB in sweats, TO's, penalties, etc.

doom and gloomers and haters are the ones who see a player do something well and continue to bash him or predict failure.
    Who is gonna bash a player who is playing well?
    A doom and gloomer is by definition one who habitually predicts "doom and gloom".

I recall our getting smoked one year by Philly. Worst protection for Ben I have ever seen, he was being eaten alive. Doom and gloomers came out to say we were done....won the SB
    When we looked out of the playoffs..... under BC and Carson Palmers Bengals won the division.....doom and gloomers came out of the woodwork...... then wons the SB

We looked VERY BAD DURING THE SEASON and wons championships.
    This is only preseason dude.

I share your concerns over ALL the point you mention here (glad you seem over the playcalling stuff, I WOULD call you on that). I have posted those concerns in other threads. Nobody is "blind" to these. But it is WAY too soon to "put a fork in it" with this team.

That is all we're saying.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher