Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What’s this? Panic in preseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Much like you bring that crash guy's name into threads he doesn't even participate in. That's really creepy.
    If you aren't Crash, it shouldn't bother you.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He's not me. When I'm here, everyone knows it.

You clowns who got on me for hating the Haley hire should be apologizing to me and kissing my feet with remorse.

Art II and Haley ruined an entire season by playing mind games with a HOF QB.

Sad.

Pathetic.

Embarrassing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    But apparently anyone who doesn't submit to the typical yinzer gibberish greatly bothers you, and therefore must be crash.

Hall of Famer
    Step away from the edge please. Do you realize in 4 of Cowher's last 5 season's the Steelers were in the top 10 in # penalties/gm. This despite having a team filled with savvy veterans. Nobody was screaming about undisciplined play back then. The Steelers are young. Mistakes will happen, but let's at least see if this is a trend or not by allowing them to improve in the season.

Tweets from Wexell this morning:

Prior to this preseason, Roethlisberger had 26 preseason starts, led O to 131 total points (5.0 per) and 54 1-Q points (2.1 per)

In the three Super Bowl years, Roethlisberger's preseason offenses scored average of 3.3 (pts) per his 11 starts and 1.8 (pts) in first quarters.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Step away from the edge please. Do you realize in 4 of Cowher's last 5 season's the Steelers were in the top 10 in # penalties/gm. This despite having a team filled with savvy veterans. Nobody was screaming about undisciplined play back then. The Steelers are young. Mistakes will happen, but let's at least see if this is a trend or not by allowing them to improve in the season.
    Everyone screamed about Cowhers undisciplined teams.. we lost a lot of home AFCCGs due to stupid penqlties and brain fqrts.

Also had every PR and KR brought back due to penalties... which was frustrating because Cowher wws a ST guy.

By Ralph N. Paulk and Alan Robinson
    Published: Thursday, August 22, 2013

• A must-win preseason game? There's no such thing, but Tomlin appears more than eager to shed the winless label his team is carrying.

The Steelers are 0-2 after not previously losing more than one game in any preseason under Tomlin.

“Even though it's the preseason, it's important to us (to win) and significant,” he said Thursday. “You step into stadiums with the intent of winning, and we haven't done that. So there's a little edge to our preparation (for Kansas City on Saturday).”

Ben Roethlisberger, entering his 10th season, hasn't heard many coaches talk about the importance of winning games that don't count.

“You want to win every game you go play, but that being said, the ones that start in a couple of weeks are a little more important,” he said.

The Steelers last went winless during the preseason in 2006; they went on to start the season 2-6 and miss the playoffs during coach Bill Cowher's final season.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2cpAiY88K

Backup
    Put me in the "concerned" column... for these reasons:

1. I've seen Steve McLendon play NT for the Steelers before, only then we called him Kimo von Oelhoffen. The D lost something up the middle against the run and 2001 was a 9 - 7 non - playoff year.

2. I absolutely accept that the O - Line can begin the year as a work in progress and finish hoisting a Lombardi - exhibit A is the SB 43 year. The line was horrific the first half of that season. But Ben was 25 then... he's on the far side of 30 now. Can he stay healthy enough to lead the team in crunch time December/January/February behind this line? I hold my breath every time he drops back right now.

Rookie
    The offense still features too much Will Johnson, too much David Johnson. Every FN run is up the middle.

If they would just embrace three wide as their base offense, things would be so much easier.

But they'd rather appease the idiots from 40 years ago.