Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ben was not allowed to audible in 2012

Legend

User Info Menu

Amazing the distorted viewpoints some have about last season. Ben was "ham-strung" by the coach, the FO, whoever. Fact is he attempted 449 passes which was within 10% of his career average (which included 2 SBs). And before you say, yea but it was dink and dunk, think again. His yds passing were also within 10% of his career average. And as I already posted elsewhere, his 26 TDs were tied for 2nd best of his career. All this, DESPITE ONLY PLAYING IN 13 games.
    So while the offense may have looked different, it didn't deviate much from Ben's career averages. And this includes the chummy years with BA as his coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    So, the hated Crash...... we meet at last.
    Don't do this.. its creepy and sad.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hard not to when you're compared to such a terrible person.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm not Captain QB. I don't even know him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Mods. Entertainment can turn into turmoil fairly quickly. The sooner you cut cancer out the less likely it is to spread. Just some advice from the audience.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Amazing the distorted viewpoints some have about last season. Ben was "ham-strung" by the coach, the FO, whoever. Fact is he attempted 449 passes which was within 10% of his career average (which included 2 SBs). And before you say, yea but it was dink and dunk, think again. His yds passing were also within 10% of his career average. And as I already posted elsewhere, his 26 TDs were tied for 2nd best of his career. All this, DESPITE ONLY PLAYING IN 13 games.
    So while the offense may have looked different, it didn't deviate much from Ben's career averages. And this includes the chummy years with BA as his coach.
    His length of attempt was a joke. Turned the modern day Terry Bradshaw into Trent Dilfer.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash View Post
    I'm not Captain QB. I don't even know him.
    Has anybody ever read A Scanner Darkly​ or seen the movie?

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'll bet anyone here $1000 that I'm not Captain QB.

Put up or shut up boys.

Starter

User Info Menu

Don't have any opinion on the audible thing.

But, Oh goody. This offense has finally wised up. This is the stuff that the Cleveland Browns tried the past decade or so and more recently Jacksonville the past couple years. Pittsburgh will show them how it's done. Won't they??

btw NorthCoast: Are you saying that all those articles talkiing about the huge % decline in just about every phase of the offense last year were fabrications? Decline in WR production Decline in the running game, decline in passing production. Decline everywhere and it looks like a trend that will continue.

My opinion on the last OC was it was time for him to go. He was too CONSERVATIVE. The facts were TS were never in the top group in downfield passing. [passes over 15 or 20 yds in the air] plus they could not run good enough from the 11 set. 1RB 1TE 3WR. It was time for him to go. But what has happened is the total opposite of what was expected.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not allowing a 2 time SB winning HOF QB to change plays at the line of scrimmage to send him a "message" in his 9th season was an insult.

Basically taking away his dignity so Art II can show everyone who's in charge.

Now, one year later, Ben is supposedly "excited" about the offense, a compromise was supposedly reached, and Ambassador Rooney has returned.

Seems to me that the "football man" put the lawyer and the golf coach in their proper place.