Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gilbert not so bad? Film Breakdown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Curious how u rated Adams.
    On talent only I gave Adams a late 2nd early 3rd grade. I certainly question how much he likes to play football.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

People are right in saying that Gilbert isn't as bad as he's being made out to be. He would be OK, on a strong line. The problem was that Pouncey was beat like a stepchild by some journeyman(quit tweeting about murderers), DeCastro had a bad play or two, as well as Adams. Unless those guys show more consistency, the inconsistencies of Gilbert will look worse than they are.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    People are right in saying that Gilbert isn't as bad as he's being made out to be. He would be OK, on a strong line. The problem was that Pouncey was beat like a stepchild by some journeyman(quit tweeting about murderers), DeCastro had a bad play or two, as well as Adams. Unless those guys show more consistency, the inconsistencies of Gilbert will look worse than they are.

But Gilbert has graded out horrible on a consistant basis even when we had Pouncey playing at a Pro-Bowl level, and when we had Starks/Colon/Legursky, ect. So your argument doesn't hold water.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still wish we had not released Urbik so early. Now he is entrenched on the Bills OL. Just don't want to make the same mistake with Gilbert and release him before he reaches his peak.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I still wish we had not released Urbik so early. Now he is entrenched on the Bills OL. Just don't want to make the same mistake with Gilbert and release him before he reaches his peak.

How long, and how many starts should one get to get to their " Peak " Urbik was never given any shot. Never played, and was released that next season. I think our problem is we have a terrible O-Line coach, and talent evaluator. I mean Urbik, Shipley, Legursky....how many examples are there ? Then we keep, or go get Linemen that are complete wastes of space...Gilbert, Essex, and a few more I forget right now. You wanna keep Gilbert for another season...fine. But that doesn't mean we should reward him with a starting spot. Lets get ANYONE else to start over him off the street. Maybe it will light a fire under him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    How long, and how many starts should one get to get to their " Peak " Urbik was never given any shot. Never played, and was released that next season. I think our problem is we have a terrible O-Line coach, and talent evaluator. I mean Urbik, Shipley, Legursky....how many examples are there ? Then we keep, or go get Linemen that are complete wastes of space...Gilbert, Essex, and a few more I forget right now. You wanna keep Gilbert for another season...fine. But that doesn't mean we should reward him with a starting spot. Lets get ANYONE else to start over him off the street. Maybe it will light a fire under him.
    I do agree Gilbert has not looked at the top of his game and if someone else like Beachum beats him out for a starting position, then so be it. Still time for them to compete though and may the best man win.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I said it then, releasing Urbik was a big mistake. More and more I think the problem was really Kugler. He projected an image that he could not deliver as a coach.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"