Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Gilbert not so bad? Film Breakdown

  1. #11
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    It's not just Gruden. After that Game on Tuesday, commentators from the NFL Access show were calling him out, and so were the guys on First take. And these guys are talent evaluator experts. I don't need a degree from MIT to figure out 4 + 4 = 8
    And I don't need to be a NFL Talent expert to see Gilbert is total Garbage.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,054
    Not bad for 40 snaps he says?
    Well multiple that by 16 games.
    If we average 30 passing attempts over 16 games
    30 x 16 =480
    480 pass attempts divided by 40 = 12
    4 pressures for every 40 passing attempts
    12 x 4 =48
    By my calculations he'll only allow 48 QB pressures this year.
    If he allows 1 sack every 40 pass attempts then that equates to 12 sacks.
    Pretty sure the math is correct but that's not to shabby for our starting RT-2nd round pick
    Anyone with eyes can see that Gilbert is manhandled on a regular basis.
    Hope we are proven wrong, i can't see it getting any worse
    Last edited by pittpete; 08-22-2013 at 12:00 AM.

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    If you click the link, it has pictures that demonstrate how and why he has been beaten four times so far this preseason. OK hes not great but from this account, he is much improved over last year. Maybe the sky isn't falling after all...
    People are just latching onto Gilbert as this year's whipping boy because of the frustration with the OL. Everyone forgets that Gilbert had a solid rokkie season at RT and he hasn't forgotten how to play football.

    The OL concerns are a unit issue, not a Gilbert issue. Hopefully they jell and pull it together over the next few weeks, but did anyone really think that the OL wasn't going to be "work in progress" given the youth and inexperience and the fact we added zero depth?

    If you want to beat on someone the focus should totally be on the so called "next great Steelers Center" M Pouncey. He totally sucked and looked far worse than Gilbert the last game.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 08-22-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    People are just latching onto Gilbert as this year's whipping boy because of the frustration with the OL. Everyone forgets that Gilbert had a solid rokkie season at RT and he hasn't forgotten how to play football.

    The OL concerns are a unit issue, not a Gilbert issue. Hopefully they jell and pull it together over the next few weeks, but did anyone really think that the OL wasn't going to be "work in progress" given the youth and inexperience and the fact we added zero depth?

    If you want to beat on someone the focus should totally be on the so called "next great Steelers Center" M Pouncey. He totally sucked and looked far worse than Gilbert the last game.
    Gilbert had a solid rookie season? When? The guy never finishes a game and falls on people.

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391
    I still think Beachum is a better option at RT based on his play from last year. I think Beachum was even more consistent that Adams at RT when he got a shot.

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I still think Beachum is a better option at RT based on his play from last year. I think Beachum was even more consistent that Adams at RT when he got a shot.
    I'd have no issue with Beachum, i just think he is very limited dealing with the outside speed rushers
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #17
    I can tell you that Beachum was a 4 year starter at OT for SMU (3 at LT). While SMU is not Florida. Gilbert was a 2 year starter at OT with only one at LT. I gave Beachum a 3rd round grade the year he came out and Gilbert a 5th. Beachum's feet are solid and his overall game is much more balanced than Gilbert's. Gilbert should be a RG and road grate in the run game on the second level.
    2015 Draft

    1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE-OSU
    5)
    Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor













  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,269
    dont forget how bad staks looked his first year at RT.

    hopefully markus gets back to his rookie form

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I can tell you that Beachum was a 4 year starter at OT for SMU (3 at LT). While SMU is not Florida. Gilbert was a 2 year starter at OT with only one at LT. I gave Beachum a 3rd round grade the year he came out and Gilbert a 5th. Beachum's feet are solid and his overall game is much more balanced than Gilbert's. Gilbert should be a RG and road grate in the run game on the second level.
    So your saying Beachum Gilbert Pouncey DeCastro Adams? (Because DeCastro seems entrenched at RG.) That leaves Foster as the swing man which is decent. Seems like we play this shell game with the OL every year lol
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I can tell you that Beachum was a 4 year starter at OT for SMU (3 at LT). While SMU is not Florida. Gilbert was a 2 year starter at OT with only one at LT. I gave Beachum a 3rd round grade the year he came out and Gilbert a 5th. Beachum's feet are solid and his overall game is much more balanced than Gilbert's. Gilbert should be a RG and road grate in the run game on the second level.
    Curious how u rated Adams.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •