Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: The football gods have spoken

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,108

    The football gods have spoken

    screw the run... screw the 70's...

    pass the freaking ball... A LOT!

  2. #2
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    screw the run... screw the 70's...

    pass the freaking ball... A LOT!



    I guess maybe you have NOT been watching our O-Line lately. You CAN'T pass the ball when we as a O-Line are averaging LESS then .08 seconds of line protection per attempt.

  3. #3
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,037
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I guess maybe you have NOT been watching our O-Line lately. You CAN'T pass the ball when we as a O-Line are averaging LESS then .08 seconds of line protection per attempt.
    and with no threat of an effective running game that will be .04 seconds...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I guess maybe you have NOT been watching our O-Line lately. You CAN'T pass the ball when we as a O-Line are averaging LESS then .08 seconds of line protection per attempt.
    You are on a roll, 100% correct.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369
    When you constantly hear about other team's offensive strategies evolving to more passing and up tempo, it does get a little disheartening think about the Steelers focusing on the run and short passing game. But then I always think Pittsburgh's like the Rocky Balboa of the NFL. All these other teams are the Ivan Dragos and Clubber Langs. And the Pittsburgh fans are like Adrian saying "You can't win Rocky". And on paper it looks like we shouldn't have a chance against these giants. But I somehow know that we'll keep going to the body with our short passes and running game and our defense will try to prevent the big play. And Ben will wait til the final round to deliver the knockout blow.

    Being the underdog worked for Rocky. Apollo had to take Rocky back to his first gym to train him to beat Clubber. Rocky chopped down tree in Russia to beat Drago. Sometimes when you go back to the basics, they work. They've worked for a long time. And if you execute the basics, you can beat the teams that are the hype of the day. Bring back the 70s. I'll take 4 more SuperBowls please.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    When you constantly hear about other team's offensive strategies evolving to more passing and up tempo, it does get a little disheartening think about the Steelers focusing on the run and short passing game. But then I always think Pittsburgh's like the Rocky Balboa of the NFL. All these other teams are the Ivan Dragos and Clubber Langs. And the Pittsburgh fans are like Adrian saying "You can't win Rocky". And on paper it looks like we shouldn't have a chance against these giants. But I somehow know that we'll keep going to the body with our short passes and running game and our defense will try to prevent the big play. And Ben will wait til the final round to deliver the knockout blow.

    Being the underdog worked for Rocky. Apollo had to take Rocky back to his first gym to train him to beat Clubber. Rocky chopped down tree in Russia to beat Drago. Sometimes when you go back to the basics, they work. They've worked for a long time. And if you execute the basics, you can beat the teams that are the hype of the day. Bring back the 70s. I'll take 4 more SuperBowls please.
    Hey corndog. Can I have some extra cheese with that post?




    Just playin man. Go Bobby!!! You can dooo it!!!! Oh wait that was a different movie.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,959
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Hey corndog. Can I have some extra cheese with that post?




    Just playin man. Go Bobby!!! You can dooo it!!!! Oh wait that was a different movie.
    AHAHAHA!!

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    You can dooo it!!!!
    I'm gonna go do it!!!!


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm gonna go do it!!!!

    LOL. If I remember correctly, didnt Bill Cowher have Bobby Boucher rated pretty highly? Another Greg Lloyd if memory serves.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    LOL. If I remember correctly, didnt Bill Cowher have Bobby Boucher rated pretty highly? Another Greg Lloyd if memory serves.
    Wasn't Bill Cowher in that movie?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •