Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis vs. Jason

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jarvis vs. Jason

While I think Worilds gets the week 1 start. I would play Jarvis. While I think he still has alot to learn and is prone to mistakes I think he has more chance to impact the game with big plays. Will he get burned and blow some assignments to give up some first downs yes. But I believe he has a greater potential to wreck havoc. Having said that Worilds is the safe pick but I am not sure the correct one.
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 08-21-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

I guarantee you that whoever starts in the 3rd preseason game WILL be the starter in the regular season opener. The 3rd preseason game is basically the one game that teams play their main starters for most of the game, even more then the 4th preseason game. So, if Jones is out there to begin against KC, he will be the starter against the Titans.

Legend

User Info Menu

if it were me, i'd play Jarvis. he'll take his lumps, but, the team would be better by midseason than playing Worilds... and the defensive backfield is good enough to recover (in most cases) from his mistakes...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd start JJ because he's a better fit on the right side. And he's got a nose for the ball and will be a turnover creating machine. Worilds looks better suited to play LOLB. I'd rotate in Worilds and Robinson a lot to keep a fresh pass rush going.

Legend

User Info Menu

my biggest problem with JJ at this point is he seems to not have very many pass rush moves... it's all speed. but, if he gets pushed past the pocket, it's done... he doesn't quit -- he just doesn't recover.

Starter

User Info Menu

I was all for starting Jones before I watched him play. After watching him play I dont think hes quite ready yet. I would start Worilds. I do think Jones has shown flashes of a great player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    my biggest problem with JJ at this point is he seems to not have very many pass rush moves... it's all speed. but, if he gets pushed past the pocket, it's done... he doesn't quit -- he just doesn't recover.
    "It's all speed"... for a guy who runs in the 4.9 range, that's not good.

Seriously, I've seen RBs get to the edge on him more than once this season. And with that in mind, I watched a UGA replay from last year, where a runner got around the edge on him. The guy is slow, even though he does flash a lot and make "speed" plays a lot. It's hard to explain.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

JJ is disruptive. He has shown that in the little bit that he has played. That is a knack certain players have and not many have it. So I would like to see Worilds get his chance to start but absolutely, JJ is going to get his minutes. He showed better recognition from Game one in the preseason to Game two. I think he is a quick study.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jones needs to be the starter ... Worilds has never been effective from the LEFT side. Plus he's a huge liability in pass coverage. JONES in NOT at all indecisive and is very active....he is only going to get better and Worilds is better suited backing up WOODLEY
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Jones needs to be the starter ... Worilds has never been effective from the LEFT side. Plus he's a huge liability in pass coverage. JONES in NOT at all indecisive and is very active....he is only going to get better and Worilds is better suited backing up WOODLEY
    Woodley IS the starting left side LB. Worilds is competing with JJ for the right side LB job.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher