Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: I think Pittsburgh has settled on Tinker Bell

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,865

    I think Pittsburgh has settled on Tinker Bell

    Hope he has a speedy recovery and shakes off the name but for now... he is known as Tinker Bell.

    Sure seems like we have a knack for drafting injury prone RB's!

    What will we call him if he ends up being a beast? Liberty Bell sounds cheesy?

    I'm in a good mood today... I re-watched the game and focused on the good things.. oh, and the Pirates look like they are going to finally break their 20 year drought so I'm feeling good about Pittsburgh sports at the moment.

  2. #2
    So, what good things did you see after rewatching the steeler game?

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,865
    Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    So, what good things did you see after rewatching the steeler game?
    defense looked great.. especially JJ, Woodley, Timmons, Shark and Troy

    Sanders catching everything...

    A few 1st downs that were brought back due to penalties.. ( I think the hands to face by Pouncey was a bad call and this is why they didn't show it from a good angle)

    Dunn looked good..

    Run Game looked good for the most part.

    While we were sloppy overall when you broke down each play it wasn't nearly as bad as watching it the first time. Most of my impressions where due to watching the dreaded first drive with a sack. Seems like that is too common and leaves a bitter taste that messes up everything else on the plate.

    One thing I noticed... maybe it's me but it seems like every time we let the clock run out for a quarter when we are in the red zone we have a penalty on the next play. In the future I think we should go for the TD at the same side of the field... bad things tend to happen when we walk 85 yards.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,567
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    defense looked great.. especially JJ, Woodley, Timmons, Shark and Troy

    Sanders catching everything...

    A few 1st downs that were brought back due to penalties.. ( I think the hands to face by Pouncey was a bad call and this is why they didn't show it from a good angle)

    Dunn looked good..

    Run Game looked good for the most part.

    While we were sloppy overall when you broke down each play it wasn't nearly as bad as watching it the first time. Most of my impressions where due to watching the dreaded first drive with a sack. Seems like that is too common and leaves a bitter taste that messes up everything else on the plate.

    One thing I noticed... maybe it's me but it seems like every time we let the clock run out for a quarter when we are in the red zone we have a penalty on the next play. In the future I think we should go for the TD at the same side of the field... bad things tend to happen when we walk 85 yards.
    The defense didn't look great. Cousins was picking them apart until he got hurt and then thrid string Rex Grossman picked up where he left off. Run defense was poor but I'll take that if we get to the QB more. Woodley had a good sack but should have had more.

    The offense gets an incomplete grade because you can't evaluate when a high school offensive line is allowed to play for an NFL team.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hope he has a speedy recovery and shakes off the name but for now... he is known as Tinker Bell.
    I'm not ready to give him a name yet, but if I was I think I'd go with "Kendrell Bell". Looks like a beast but can't get on the field healthy. But I'm willing to give it some more time before going with that name.

  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    543
    I feel bad for this kid. What a tough break. I refuse to label this kid Tinker Bell. I will however hold off on the Bell jersey I was planning to buy for a bit longer though.

  7. #7
    Backup Notleadpoisoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NotPittsburgh
    Posts
    387
    When he balloons up to 280lbs because of so much inactivity we can call him Taco Bell.

  8. #8
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Maybe we can deal him to Philly, and he can be " Liberty Bell " ?

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The defense didn't look great. Cousins was picking them apart until he got hurt and then thrid string Rex Grossman picked up where he left off. Run defense was poor but I'll take that if we get to the QB more. Woodley had a good sack but should have had more.

    The offense gets an incomplete grade because you can't evaluate when a high school offensive line is allowed to play for an NFL team.
    IMO the D looked great... I'm not looking for complete shut down D in preseason. They made some great splash plays and had a nice TO in the red zone after the Gradowski strip sack.

    They didn't march up and down the field on us and Ike had a bad PI but I think they were pretty good. I'm not worried about the D at all.

  10. #10
    I know most of this is in jest but this is pretty ridiculous, IMO. People get hurt. It has nothing to do with them being "soft" or "weak." I hate the BS fake tough-guy mentality that some fans tend to have.

    Does anyone honestly think that Le'veon Bell is soft? Because he got his knee smashed on a non-contact play in camp or his foot was sprained in a pile during a preseason game? Dude carried the ball like a million times in the Big 10 and didn't miss games. Didn't miss games in high school either. Oh and by the way, he still hasn't missed an NFL game either. Preseason games don't count.

    Sure we'd all have loved to see the rookie RB get in and rush for 65 yards on 10 carries in his first preseason game, but he got hurt. I for one am not going to get bent out of shape about it. I'm hoping he can do whatever rehab is necessary, for as long as necessary and can come back and help this team's running game.

    Something tells me that the first time Bell scores a TD or rips off a big run, you all will be cheering too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •