Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Pittsburgh has settled on Tinker Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I know most of this is in jest but this is pretty ridiculous, IMO. People get hurt. It has nothing to do with them being "soft" or "weak." I hate the BS fake tough-guy mentality that some fans tend to have.

Does anyone honestly think that Le'veon Bell is soft? Because he got his knee smashed on a non-contact play in camp or his foot was sprained in a pile during a preseason game? Dude carried the ball like a million times in the Big 10 and didn't miss games. Didn't miss games in high school either. Oh and by the way, he still hasn't missed an NFL game either. Preseason games don't count.

Sure we'd all have loved to see the rookie RB get in and rush for 65 yards on 10 carries in his first preseason game, but he got hurt. I for one am not going to get bent out of shape about it. I'm hoping he can do whatever rehab is necessary, for as long as necessary and can come back and help this team's running game.

Something tells me that the first time Bell scores a TD or rips off a big run, you all will be cheering too.
    of course we will cheer.. but you have to laugh at our situation to keep from crying.

When the report is Bell is tough, never misses a game and as soon as he touches ground in PA he gets injured it makes you wonder. Seems like we have a knack for picking guys who never "missed a game" while passing over injury prone players who come in and have an immediate impact.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What about Duce Bell? I'm not calling him anything negative at this point, but I am surprised no one else came with the Duce Staley call yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    What about Duce Bell? I'm not calling him anything negative at this point, but I am surprised no one else came with the Duce Staley call yet.
    someone called him Duce in another thread...

break out the sweats

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Maybe we can deal him to Philly, and he can be " Liberty Bell " ?
    seems fitting...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hope he has a speedy recovery and shakes off the name but for now... he is known as Tinker Bell.

Sure seems like we have a knack for drafting injury prone RB's!

What will we call him if he ends up being a beast? Liberty Bell sounds cheesy?

I'm in a good mood today... I re-watched the game and focused on the good things.. oh, and the Pirates look like they are going to finally break their 20 year drought so I'm feeling good about Pittsburgh sports at the moment.
    TINKER Bell.....thats funny......hope it is NOT true over time but for now...funny anyway .

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    TINKER Bell.....thats funny......hope it is NOT true over time but for now...funny anyway .
    Speaking of Tinker Bell.....

Here is what our Oline has looked like:

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-21-2013 at 06:49 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We will all be calling him Bell Cow before the season is over. "a cow, especially the lead cow of a herd, having a bell attached to a collar around its neck so that the herd can be located easily."
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's unaBELL to stay healthy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Those nicknames need to have and apostrophe added in somewhere.

I don't think he is fragile, just some dumb bad luck, and my concern that Tomlin pushed him too hard too fast to play with his knee injuries. In the longer run, I think we'll really like this draft choice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Those nicknames need to have and apostrophe added in somewhere.

I don't think he is fragile, just some dumb bad luck, and my concern that Tomlin pushed him too hard too fast to play with his knee injuries. In the longer run, I think we'll really like this draft choice.
    There could definitely be some truth to this. The good thing is that while he recovers from the foot sprain, he can beef up his knees.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.