Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: two things I saw last night...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    We TRIED to sign him before he became a free agent as we typically do.
    If you go back THAT FAR you are talking about after we lost the SB.

Who are you gonna let from that roster to make room for Wallace's deal?

Bear in mind guys like Harrison, Woodley, Troy, Ike, had great seasons. We had zero LBer, corner (Lewis and Allen have shown nothing), or safety depth. We keep Wallace two more seasons as WORST CASE SCENARIO.

It is EASY with hindsight to make a call now. At THAT TIME? Not so easy.

Just how valuable is Wallace anyway? He has YET to contribute to a championship.

funny, just read your hindsight with the lee/worldis pick

lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    so why start with AB?
    he was entering the last season of his contract. The way we normally do business. Same way we did it with Mike.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    yea no biggie. just got him team MVP in 2011 and a pro bowl birth. ORDINARY. We had so much success before and after AB that those return yards are ORDINARY in comparison. He was only like 80 yards behind wallace in receiving last year too. but that's ORDINARY.
    yeah, usually when a receiver is good enough and valuable enough to the team at RECEIVING . they take him off returner duties so he doesnt get up injured.

like they did the following year when he was a starter. get it now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    he was entering the last season of his contract. The way we normally do business. Same way we did it with Mike.
    as a restricted FA. the team had all the leverage for another year

Legend

User Info Menu

funny, just read your hindsight with the lee/worldis pick

lol
    Difference is Lee was the better COLLEGE player. That call was made long BEFORE they stepped onto an NFL field. That is not hindsight my friend.
    What is funny is to make the case for Lee being injury prone (Which topic BTW I did not start)when WE TOOK a guy (Worilds) who cant be a healthy "backup" for being fragile.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

not according to the steelers

which if im to beleive you're arguement in the wallace case, makes you wrong about lee/worldis.

go steelers....cant question anything they do... they have the most SB championships RAH RAH RAH

PS. you wouldnt happen to be a PSU fan, would you?

Legend

User Info Menu

so why start with AB?
    The only reason Brown got his is that we had NOBODY locked up when Wallace REFUSED to take more money.
    Had Wallace signed Brown would have never been signed so early, possibly not at all.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

so thats the reason we gave a guy with this as his resume

2011 69 catches 1,108 yards 16.1 avg. 2 TDs 10.8 avg on 30 punt returns 27.3 avg on 27 kickoff returns
    2010 16 catches 167 yards 10.4 avg. 0 TDs 5.8 avg on 19 punt returns 23.4 avg on 17 kickoff returns

$7M per year?

probably would have been better off not signing either then. would have forced us to try and get a true #1 type receiver in the draft

Legend

User Info Menu

not according to the steelers

which if im to beleive you're arguement in the wallace case, makes you wrong about lee/worldis.

go steelers....cant question anything they do... they have the most SB championships RAH RAH RAH

PS. you wouldnt happen to be a PSU fan, would you?
    I have disagreed with MANY picks. Including spending 1st rounders on D-Ends in OUR defense.

Now I completely miss the correlation between the linebackers and the receivers in question here. Many thought before the draft that Lee was better. I dare say most draftniks had Lee higher.
    I fail to see that relating to a receiver WE TRIED TO SIGN who refused to and SETTLING for another receiver.

This is the problem NJ.
    No matter what we say, no matter the facts, you argue that Wallace was better yet we chose Brown.

The facts do not support that the team chose Brown over Wallace. Very few here believe that. Those who do are ignoring the facts.

High school dance. Girl 1 turns you down, you need to move on to girl two.

Dont blame the dude who is doing the asking if you think girl one was finer.

That is all it comes down to. It aint rocket science, really.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

so thats the reason we gave a guy with this as his resume

2011 69 catches 1,108 yards 16.1 avg. 2 TDs 10.8 avg on 30 punt returns 27.3 avg on 27 kickoff returns
    2010 16 catches 167 yards 10.4 avg. 0 TDs 5.8 avg on 19 punt returns 23.4 avg on 17 kickoff returns

$7M per year?

probably would have been better off not signing either then. would have forced us to try and get a true #1 type receiver in the draft
    I will be absolutely ELATED if Wheaton can match that.
    Wouldn't you?

TCFCLTC-