Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 100

Thread: two things I saw last night...

  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    788

    two things I saw last night...

    two things I saw last night that solidified my views on off season personnel moves:

    #1.) Not having Max Starks at Left Tackle is killing us.

    #2.) Emmanuel Sanders is a legitimate #2 receiver, and certainly NOT a "Dime a dozen" type of player.

  2. #2
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Max Starkes was on our Line when he gave up over 200 sacks in less then 4 years. I hardly call that All World! Max had a ton of issues as well. He was ripped apart by speed rushers. Saw Dwight Freeny get 5 sacks on us in ONE game...All coming against Starkes. So please stop acting like he all Dat. As for Sanders, he will get his chance. But he is not a CLEAR proven # 2 WR. Dude has done next to nothing in 3 years.

  3. #3
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    788
    We will see. Max may have struggled early in his career, but he was our best lineman the last two years he was on the squad. How many sacks did he give up in the last two years?

  4. #4
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    We will see. Max may have struggled early in his career, but he was our best lineman the last two years he was on the squad. How many sacks did he give up in the last two years?




    Saying Max was our best OL the past 2 years is like saying that chick on Mike & Molly is better looking then Roseann Barr!!

  5. #5
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    788
    Ok... you've got me curious.. Which steeler offensive lineman/men were better than starks the last two years?

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Ok... you've got me curious.. Which steeler offensive lineman/men were better than starks the last two years?
    He's not disagreeing with you that Starks was the best. He's saying that's not saying much based on the line-men we've had (as in he was the best of a bad lot). Whether you you agree or disagree with that is the question.

  7. #7
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Max may have been our best OL the past several years, but on our Line that is not saying much. And Max had alot of other Issues. He was a great Road grader of a Blocker, and a AVERAGE pass protector at best. In fact, once he gets used to it, I KNOW Adams will be a better Pass protector at LT then Starkes ever was.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,009
    For the record - the Steelers will miss Starks this year unless Adams and Gilbert make dramatic 180s from the play in the first 2 preseason games. Supposedly they were worried Max was too slow to handle the new zone blocking schemes. Kind of hilarious when frozen molasses has moved faster than those 2 on some of their blocking attempts.

  9. #9
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    For the record - the Steelers will miss Starks this year unless Adams and Gilbert make dramatic 180s from the play in the first 2 preseason games. Supposedly they were worried Max was too slow to handle the new zone blocking schemes. Kind of hilarious when frozen molasses has moved faster than those 2 on some of their blocking attempts.




    Adams, yes. Gilbert doing a 180 and being a decent OL is as likely as Lindsey Lohan becoming The National spokesperson
    for sobriety!!

  10. #10
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    He's not disagreeing with you that Starks was the best. He's saying that's not saying much based on the line-men we've had (as in he was the best of a bad lot). Whether you you agree or disagree with that is the question.

    Well I guess I should find out who the chick is on mike and molly... lol. might help me understand the comparison a little better. Max was a good run blocker... and, certainly "Average" in pass protection is a hell of alot better than what we have right now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •