Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: two things I saw last night...

Hybrid View

Starter

two things I saw last night...

two things I saw last night that solidified my views on off season personnel moves:

#1.) Not having Max Starks at Left Tackle is killing us.

#2.) Emmanuel Sanders is a legitimate #2 receiver, and certainly NOT a "Dime a dozen" type of player.

Backup
    Max Starkes was on our Line when he gave up over 200 sacks in less then 4 years. I hardly call that All World! Max had a ton of issues as well. He was ripped apart by speed rushers. Saw Dwight Freeny get 5 sacks on us in ONE game...All coming against Starkes. So please stop acting like he all Dat. As for Sanders, he will get his chance. But he is not a CLEAR proven # 2 WR. Dude has done next to nothing in 3 years.

Starter
    We will see. Max may have struggled early in his career, but he was our best lineman the last two years he was on the squad. How many sacks did he give up in the last two years?

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    We will see. Max may have struggled early in his career, but he was our best lineman the last two years he was on the squad. How many sacks did he give up in the last two years?

Saying Max was our best OL the past 2 years is like saying that chick on Mike & Molly is better looking then Roseann Barr!!

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Saying Max was our best OL the past 2 years is like saying that chick on Mike & Molly is better looking then Roseann Barr!!

I don't watch those shows, so ...

But have at it and be entertained.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I don't watch those shows, so ...

But have at it and be entertained.
    I think he's saying our Oline is like fat chicks. Max is this:

And the rest of our OLine is this:

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think he's saying our Oline is like fat chicks. Max is this:

And the rest of our OLine is this:
    Sign 'em up, both ! Imagine the entertainment. And Roseanne can sing the National Anthem.

Starter
    Ok... you've got me curious.. Which steeler offensive lineman/men were better than starks the last two years?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Ok... you've got me curious.. Which steeler offensive lineman/men were better than starks the last two years?
    He's not disagreeing with you that Starks was the best. He's saying that's not saying much based on the line-men we've had (as in he was the best of a bad lot). Whether you you agree or disagree with that is the question.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    He's not disagreeing with you that Starks was the best. He's saying that's not saying much based on the line-men we've had (as in he was the best of a bad lot). Whether you you agree or disagree with that is the question.

Well I guess I should find out who the chick is on mike and molly... lol. might help me understand the comparison a little better. Max was a good run blocker... and, certainly "Average" in pass protection is a hell of alot better than what we have right now.