4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think he's saying our Oline is like fat chicks. Max is this:
    [URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=y g5PqphiiQOVxM&tbnid=isbGJOI7wSZu_M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&u rl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvedge.net%2F%3Fp%3D9121&ei=9w wUUr-9M7jG4AOoqIHIBQ&bvm=bv.50952593,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNG awWA-L2-OHrkqYrBI3B8VxU72yw&ust=1377132126492959"][/URL]

And the rest of our OLine is this:
    [URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=f vOdTreOOExtfM&tbnid=LahS-L03M6jwzM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oprah .com%2Foprahshow%2FRoseanne-Barr-Oprah-Show-Retrospective&ei=Jw0UUs7wGvPl4APB_IB4&bvm=bv.50952 593,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNGfjsE_ONvLU9iBWav-625ztJm_Vw&ust=1377132184572762"][/URL]
    Sign 'em up, both ! Imagine the entertainment. And Roseanne can sing the National Anthem.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I saw that we don't have a single backup OL besides beachum that is an NFL caliber football player.

whoever said john malecki is a "proven commodity" should hit up a NA meeting.
    I agree.

And that goes double for whomever hated the Landry Jones pick...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    IMO POuncey has been underwhelming and overhyped the past two years. He got abused last night.

over hyped maybe a bit. still better then anyone on our line the last 3 years. thats what was asked.

i dont think the writers that vote for all pro teams judge players on preseason performances

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I agree.

And that goes double for whomever hated the Landry Jones pick...
    you really can't see the difference there can you?

Starter

User Info Menu

BB has said several times that this is the best O line he has had since he has been here.

During the talk with Pam Oliver during the game, he also repeated the 2013 party line that everyone is on the same page and thrilled with the new offensive double D strategy. BB-[aka Big Ben, Bad Ben, Baghdad Ben]

Ben did not comment on the TE situation. He was not asked. But I am sure he would have said that was all peachy and rosy as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    over hyped maybe a bit. still better then anyone on our line the last 3 years. thats what was asked.

i dont think the writers that vote for all pro teams judge players on preseason performances
    I agree... even though he was manhandled a few times last night. Sometimes a good player lines up against a guy who has an edge, great first step, extra motivation, etc...

I'm not worried about Pouncey..... yet.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

I have to disagree. Starks was by far the best offensive lineman on our team the last 2 years. Pouncey was probably better his rookie year, which was his only good year. I'm not saying that Max is a HOFer. Just that he was the best we had and the team kept dumping him. In fact, the year he came back around game 3 I thought he should have been the team's MVP. He stabilized a line that was in complete shambles.

The writers that vote for the All Pro team may not judge players on preseason performances but they do vote on reputation and hype ... not necessarily how the player performs.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I have to disagree. Starks was by far the best offensive lineman on our team the last 2 years. Pouncey was probably better his rookie year, which was his only good year. I'm not saying that Max is a HOFer. Just that he was the best we had and the team kept dumping him. In fact, the year he came back around game 3 I thought he should have been the team's MVP. He stabilized a line that was in complete shambles.

The writers that vote for the All Pro team may not judge players on preseason performances but they do vote on reputation and hype ... not necessarily how the player performs.
    who from last years 1st and 2nd all pro teams are on there from reputation and hype?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree... even though he was manhandled a few times last night. Sometimes a good player lines up against a guy who has an edge, great first step, extra motivation, etc...

I'm not worried about Pouncey..... yet.
    he beat him pretty cleanly on the sack. but the 1st tackle he had where they zeroed in on the match up, the skins DL was already lined up to pouncey's right with the run going to the right. thats not an easy play for any center to get on the other side of him. the new scheme calls for him to cut that guy but perhaps pouncey wants to wait till the regular season if there's a chance he's going to inflict an injury on someone.

DL's dont like that crap to begin with, im sure they appreciate it even less when the games dont count