Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: two things I saw last night...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Many thought before the draft that Lee was better. I dare say most draftniks had Lee higher.
    even the Steelers had a first round grade on Sean Lee...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I have disagreed with MANY picks. Including spending 1st rounders on D-Ends in OUR defense.

Now I completely miss the correlation between the linebackers and the receivers in question here. Many thought before the draft that Lee was better. I dare say most draftniks had Lee higher.
    I fail to see that relating to a receiver WE TRIED TO SIGN who refused to and SETTLING for another receiver.

This is the problem NJ.
    No matter what we say, no matter the facts, you argue that Wallace was better yet we chose Brown.

The facts do not support that the team chose Brown over Wallace. Very few here believe that. Those who do are ignoring the facts.

High school dance. Girl 1 turns you down, you need to move on to girl two.

Dont blame the dude who is doing the asking if you think girl one was finer.

That is all it comes down to. It aint rocket science, really.
    well im with you with the DE's. we might be the only 2 that have been saying that before we drafted them

Back to the topic.. im upset that they didnt keep negotiating with wallace before offering that contract to Ab cause I (everyone really) knew that was the end of wallace being a steeler.
    wallace was as close to a #1 receiver the team had. if the offense wants to get better, we should have built on that. now AB is #1 and we're searching for a #2.

same thing happened a few years ago when santonio was #1, hines #2, wallace #3.(it was also the last time the offense ranked in the top half of the league, coincidence?)
    we traded holmes and started all over again by having wallace move to #1. it may have cost us a SB, in fact

how many years do we have to see the offense struggle before paying 2 wideouts what they are worth. we've certainly seen enuff bitching about it on these boards

Legend

User Info Menu

I will be absolutely ELATED if Wheaton can match that.
    Wouldn't you?
    i'd be happy with that too

i'd be freakin ecstatic if we had wallace, brown, wheaton , and sanders (or a 3rd round draft pick in his place from the pats) going into the season
    wouldnt you?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    how many years do we have to see the offense struggle before paying 2 wideouts what they are worth. we've certainly seen enuff bitching about it on these boards
    The issue isn't refusing to pay two wideouts what they are worth...

The issue is refusing to pay two wideouts what they think​ they are worth...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Wallace screwed Wallace.

He wanted $20 mil guaranteed.

The Steelers offered $15 mil.

Wallace again says he wants $20 mil guaranteed.

The Steelers up the offer to $18 mil.

Wallace for the 3rd time says he wants $20 mil guaranteed.

Negotiations over.

I told you guys years ago, the Hines Ward holdout forever changed the way this team conducts their business. They felt Hines took advantage of Plax's departure, and they felt they gave into him. Art II has vowed never to do that again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks hines

I think ur exactly right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The issue isn't refusing to pay two wideouts what they are worth...

The issue is refusing to pay two wideouts what they think​ they are worth...
    Looking at ABs stats prior to his extension. It sure looks like they paid him what he thinks he's worth

Rookie

User Info Menu

Maybe....but they couldn't pay the 2nd wideout...

Legend

User Info Menu

Why. Ive been hearing that since plax/Hines were here.

Plax signed for a little more then EL's and okobi salary combined.

They were willing to go 5yr 50 mil on Wallace. Increase the guaranteed money and they maybe get away with 8.5-9 per year and give AB around 5 per yr. and that's even a little high for 2 year stats

Rookie

User Info Menu

They could pay both. Money wasn't the issue. Wallace's pride was.