Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam S. Speculate that Bell suffered a

Lol..........

Backup
    Whether it's just a sprain or the more serious one that Adam is speculating about, it still will likely mean Bell will be out from 6-8 weeks. So na matter what, it's likely that Bell was a wasted selection. And it will mean we will have to re-sign Dwyer now. Cause after this season, expect offers in the 35-to40 million range for Dwyer.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Whether it's just a sprain or the more serious one that Adam is speculating about, it still will likely mean Bell will be out from 6-8 weeks. So na matter what, it's likely that Bell was a wasted selection. And it will mean we will have to re-sign Dwyer now. Cause after this season, expect offers in the 35-to40 million range for Dwyer.
    Wow, You're a special, special guy.

Legend
    Dwyer isn't getting close to a $35-40M contract with one good season unless he has over 1300 yards and 10+ TDs. Even then it is unlikely given the deflation on the market for RBs and Dwyer's previous history for not being the most dedicated fitness nut.

Backup
    The 35 million won't be a true 35 million. I meant 35 million on a 6 year deal, where the signing bonus would be like 6 million, and the last 2 years of the deal would have base salaries of like 8 to 10 million. That way it's really a 3 to 4 year deal that would average like 3 to 4 million a year. Perfectly reasonable for Dwyer IF he maintains his production for a full season this year, and has like 1200 + yards.

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    The 35 million won't be a true 35 million. I meant 35 million on a 6 year deal, where the signing bonus would be like 6 million, and the last 2 years of the deal would have base salaries of like 8 to 10 million. That way it's really a 3 to 4 year deal that would average like 3 to 4 million a year. Perfectly reasonable for Dwyer IF he maintains his production for a full season this year, and has like 1200 + yards.
    Behind this line?

Backup
    I think Dwyer could do it even with this O-Line. Their Run-Blocking will be Improved no matter what with Decastro on it now. He wasn't last season. But we will see.

Hall of Famer
    I don't even have to see who posted after i read a response and i can guess who wrote it..
    Have to laugh

Legend
    run blocking isn't the issue.... I think the run game will be fine even though our RB's are a 6th rounder and an unsigned hype.

passing protection is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    run blocking isn't the issue.... I think the run game will be fine even though our RB's are a 6th rounder and an unsigned hype.

passing protection is the problem.
    PP is definitely the main concern right now, but I wasn't too impressed with the run blocking while Bell was in there. Seemed like Dwyer got a lot of those yards against second-string defense while Tomlin left in our OL starters.