Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Adam S. Speculate that Bell suffered a

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Lol..........
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

  2. #12
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Whether it's just a sprain or the more serious one that Adam is speculating about, it still will likely mean Bell will be out from 6-8 weeks. So na matter what, it's likely that Bell was a wasted selection. And it will mean we will have to re-sign Dwyer now. Cause after this season, expect offers in the 35-to40 million range for Dwyer.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Whether it's just a sprain or the more serious one that Adam is speculating about, it still will likely mean Bell will be out from 6-8 weeks. So na matter what, it's likely that Bell was a wasted selection. And it will mean we will have to re-sign Dwyer now. Cause after this season, expect offers in the 35-to40 million range for Dwyer.
    Wow, You're a special, special guy.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Dwyer isn't getting close to a $35-40M contract with one good season unless he has over 1300 yards and 10+ TDs. Even then it is unlikely given the deflation on the market for RBs and Dwyer's previous history for not being the most dedicated fitness nut.

  5. #15
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    The 35 million won't be a true 35 million. I meant 35 million on a 6 year deal, where the signing bonus would be like 6 million, and the last 2 years of the deal would have base salaries of like 8 to 10 million. That way it's really a 3 to 4 year deal that would average like 3 to 4 million a year. Perfectly reasonable for Dwyer IF he maintains his production for a full season this year, and has like 1200 + yards.

  6. #16
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    The 35 million won't be a true 35 million. I meant 35 million on a 6 year deal, where the signing bonus would be like 6 million, and the last 2 years of the deal would have base salaries of like 8 to 10 million. That way it's really a 3 to 4 year deal that would average like 3 to 4 million a year. Perfectly reasonable for Dwyer IF he maintains his production for a full season this year, and has like 1200 + yards.
    Behind this line?

  7. #17
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    I think Dwyer could do it even with this O-Line. Their Run-Blocking will be Improved no matter what with Decastro on it now. He wasn't last season. But we will see.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I don't even have to see who posted after i read a response and i can guess who wrote it..
    Have to laugh
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    run blocking isn't the issue.... I think the run game will be fine even though our RB's are a 6th rounder and an unsigned hype.

    passing protection is the problem.

  10. #20
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    run blocking isn't the issue.... I think the run game will be fine even though our RB's are a 6th rounder and an unsigned hype.

    passing protection is the problem.
    PP is definitely the main concern right now, but I wasn't too impressed with the run blocking while Bell was in there. Seemed like Dwyer got a lot of those yards against second-string defense while Tomlin left in our OL starters.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •