Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jadeveon Clowney..We might have a chance...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

IF we were in position to take Clowney, we would have to trade back and get an Elite LT.
    I think we found our future guard in this guy we just signed to play center. He looked pretty good for only being in town for a week. I like Foster and all, but he could be upgraded. As could Adams.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gotta give these young OL more time to gel. Adams is gonna be the long term LT. RT spot might be an option to upgrade. Gilbert has a lot of work to do.....but still, he's a young RT. Still say Pouncey would last longer in the league as a G.

Listening to Tomlins PC. Sounds like Miller is gonna get every opportunity to go this week. Rook RB may be a few weeks away..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I wouldn't take Clowney because I don't want him or anyone on that side of the ball at #1. The Defense isn't the problem here.
    Had the Steelers played the Denver Bronocs and they put a 50 Burger on them would you fee l that way about the defense? If Peyton Manning had the chance to go up against this defense it would have been ugly.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    IF we were in position to take Clowney, we would have to trade back and get an Elite LT.
    I think we found our future guard in this guy we just signed to play center. He looked pretty good for only being in town for a week. I like Foster and all, but he could be upgraded. As could Adams.
    That guy we signed last week was the best center we have had since Hartings

Legend

User Info Menu

110 mph: Jadeveon Clowney ticketed

Updated: December 9, 2013, 11:01 PM ET
    Associated Press

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Troopers say South Carolina star defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was ticketed for going 110 mph in a 70 mph zone on a South Carolina interstate.

Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. David Jones said Clowney was pulled over in a Chrysler 300 around 7:30 p.m. Saturday northbound on Interstate 77 in Fairfield County, about 25 miles north of Columbia.

Jones says Clowney was issued the ticket and allowed to drive away. It carries a $355 fine and six points, which are half the points needed to suspend a driver's license.

The university didn't make Clowney or coach Steve Spurrier available to talk.

Clowney is a junior expected to enter the NFL draft after South Carolina plays Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl. He was named to The Associated Press All-Southeastern Conference team Monday.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10111471/south-carolina-gamecocks-jadeveon-clowney-gets-speeding-ticket-driving-110-mph[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers would take him if they had a shot at him. But, I am concerned he would be a show me the money kind of player...not sure why I get that kind of gut on the guy. Not fair of me really but its just a feeling.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Its a good thing we are practicing so many FG's. Those kickers will need to perfect their 27 yd FG's as we will be kicking them a lot. 4th and 3 inside the 10 and chip the FG in instead of practicing short yardage runs. Seems odd to me that on one hand the Steelers care so little about a preseason game that they practice runs and short passes the entire time to protect the QB, but when they get to 4th and 3 inside the 10, rather than take that time to practice short yardage goalline runs, we bring in a kicker for a chip in he could make blindfolded.
    With the uncertainty at punter, we needed to practice the snap exchange in the preseason. There is method to the madness

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

oh and I don't want clowney. Dude is a bad joke

Starter

User Info Menu

Clowney has developed a reputation for taking plays off so I definitely don't want see him on the Steelers next season.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/09/critics-continue-to-question-clowneys-commitment/[/URL]
    Last edited by Notleadpoisoned; 12-10-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No to Clowney. Doesn't 110% all the time.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion