Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jadeveon Clowney..We might have a chance...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    It won't matter, in DL system he will sit his first two years anyway.
    And we will still me number 1 in defense and last at where it really counts.
    sigh....

The Steelers ranked #5 in scoring defense last season. Last I checked, that's the category that really counts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    sigh....

The Steelers ranked #5 in scoring defense last season. Last I checked, that's the category that really counts.
    I agree ... but #5 is pretty damn good. Especially if you take into account the points given up through interceptions and special teams.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Cam Heyward
    Nope. He played his rookie year and last year. He can't beat out Keisel or Hood out but he still plays.

Legend

User Info Menu

you realize that "sat" usually means not starting... right?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    you realize that "sat" usually means not starting... right?
    That's not my definition. I think "sat" means you only play special teams or not at all. If you are rotated into the defense I don't think you "sat".
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    That's not my definition. I think "sat" means you only play special teams or not at all. If you are rotated into the defense I don't think you "sat".
    well, that might be so. but how often was heyward rotated in?? there were games he barely got 5 snaps last year.

rotated in would be someone like timmons who despite not starting his first 2 years still saw plenty of snaps especially on passing downs

with the defense being #1 again last year and near the top the last several years, do you think we maybe could have helped the offense a bit more? considering it struggled as much as the defense has excelled then having someone go in there for 5 snaps a game?
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 08-21-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    It won't matter, in DL system he will sit his first two years anyway.
    And we will still me number 1 in defense and last at where it really counts.
    Yup we will no doubt be "last place where it counts"......

Thirty two in DRAFT CHOICE position!!!! Go Steelers.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-21-2013 at 08:24 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

so...we are closer to getting Number 1 draft.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    so...we are closer to getting Number 1 draft.....

...but we still wouldn't take Clowney because he doesn't "fit" what LeBeau likes
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...but we still wouldn't take Clowney because he doesn't "fit" what LeBeau likes
    I wouldn't take Clowney because I don't want him or anyone on that side of the ball at #1. The Defense isn't the problem here.