Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jadeveon Clowney..We might have a chance...

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steelers will not be CLOSE to the first pick, and even IF they were, no ay they ever use it. The Steelers ARE a cheap team...Period. Even if said player had like 3 straight seasons of 40 sacks per season, 200 tackles, and 150 of those for loss. And was 6ft, 4, 300 Lbs and run a 3.87 forty, and benched 225, 126 times, and had say a 78 inch verticle leap...the Steelers would still trade down 12-15 picks for just another additional 3rd rounder.

It's what the Rooney's do!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sedated, I think you may need a bit of sedation. Just kidding but the Steelers are at or over the salary cap every year, I can't agree with you on being cheap. I may not agree with everything they do, I usually don't but it's hard to argue cheap when they are paying at the salary cap every year. Now Jacksonville? They are cheap.

Now all that being said, and this is totally tongue in cheek, the guy that you described above in your post would probably only have to sit out one year playing in the DL defensive system.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Its a good thing we are practicing so many FG's. Those kickers will need to perfect their 27 yd FG's as we will be kicking them a lot. 4th and 3 inside the 10 and chip the FG in instead of practicing short yardage runs. Seems odd to me that on one hand the Steelers care so little about a preseason game that they practice runs and short passes the entire time to protect the QB, but when they get to 4th and 3 inside the 10, rather than take that time to practice short yardage goalline runs, we bring in a kicker for a chip in he could make blindfolded.
    Banging my head on the wall last night about this. Even mentioned in the game chat. We all saw what Suishy did last year and can do this year. Don't need to have Warren practice snapping for him to kick FG's. Wasted the perfect opportunity to see what they could do on a 4th down. Strange not to go for it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Sedated, I think you may need a bit of sedation. Just kidding but the Steelers are at or over the salary cap every year, I can't agree with you on being cheap. I may not agree with everything they do, I usually don't but it's hard to argue cheap when they are paying at the salary cap every year. Now Jacksonville? They are cheap.

Now all that being said, and this is totally tongue in cheek, the guy that you described above in your post would probably only have to sit out one year playing in the DL defensive system.

I was being sarcastic! The Steelers may spend right at the Cap. But, they are not ones to back haul deals like the Skins owner does, or Jerry Jones does. We might have to start doing that with larger signing bonuses, so we can maybe sign a elite OT or two.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    It won't matter, in DL system he will sit his first two years anyway.
    And we will still me number 1 in defense and last at where it really counts.
    Can you name me one 1st round defensive player that has sat for 2 years under LeBeau? Just one.

Legend

User Info Menu

yes, thats who we need. another DE. we can even get our 1st rounder from 2 years ago into the starting line up

all while the offensive keeps stinking it up. lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I was being sarcastic! The Steelers may spend right at the Cap. But, they are not ones to back haul deals like the Skins owner does, or Jerry Jones does. We might have to start doing that with larger signing bonuses, so we can maybe sign a elite OT or two.
    And what exactly have the Cowboys or Redskins accomplished in this century?

I'll stick with the Rooney's way of doing things.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Can you name me one 1st round defensive player that has sat for 2 years under LeBeau? Just one.
    Cam Heyward

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Banging my head on the wall last night about this. Even mentioned in the game chat. We all saw what Suishy did last year and can do this year. Don't need to have Warren practice snapping for him to kick FG's. Wasted the perfect opportunity to see what they could do on a 4th down. Strange not to go for it.
    Makes ZERO sense and reminds me of most of Tomlin's 'in game' "thinking".
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    In fairness, we did have a punt blocked last week. So the ST does need a little work. It's not that the snapper, holder, kicker need work. It's the other 8 guys blocking for the kick that need the practice.