Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jadeveon Clowney..We might have a chance...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    I understand your perspective Dizz. However, Cam's on field work ethic and competitive drive was never in question at any point throughout his Collegiate career if memory serves me correctly.

I am not saying Clowney is a Villan or Pac Man esque in terms of wanting to live his life as though it's based upon his favorite album. What i am saying is that imo the potential for this kid to become absolutely complacent makes that of Woodley like childs play.
    Based on??? I live in Charlotte and Clowney was discussed a ton on talk radio. He was frustrated with the team because he felt they weren't moving him around enough which made it easier for teams to game plan for him. He also had or has some bone spurs in his foot that vothered him this year.

As far as Cam is concerned.... Nawrocki said Cam was a fraud with a fake smile who wouldn't put in the work once he got paid.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Based on??? I live in Charlotte and Clowney was discussed a ton on talk radio. He was frustrated with the team because he felt they weren't moving him around enough which made it easier for teams to game plan for him. He also had or has some bone spurs in his foot that vothered him this year.

As far as Cam is concerned.... Nawrocki said Cam was a fraud with a fake smile who wouldn't put in the work once he got paid.
    Again,...i feel you Dizz. It is true that Cam is pretentious,...he's from College Park. lol However,... Nawrocki's opinion was not entirely based upon fact. (ie: Cam ever laying down on the field of play for any reason)

But it is a fact that Clowney has done as much no matter what his justification. Nothing is wrong with wanting to be compensated in a means that dictates that we can preserve our loved ones and do good works. But i have to question the mind state of anyone whom is willing to attempt to gain as much by ANY means.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Its the typical "you cant give them money" stereotype.. some people WANT, hell...they NEED these black players to screw up because its all they have. Why get Clowney whenyou can get the nice white kid?

Sorry to play that card but this prediciton sounds like Nolan Nawrocki.
    Nawrocki is giving his scouting opinion. I don't know why you think it a racist one.

He is a businessman, too. Do you think he'd sabotage his own business, by making racist remarks? I think it is refreshing and true to his job as a scout, to give blunt, honest appraisals like that he gave on Cam Newton (as opposed to the copy-cat, lazy-man "analysis" that is out there). BTW, I don't think he's been proven wrong at all at this point. I don't recall him saying Cam can't play. I think his remark, was pointing to the selfishness and immaturity in Cam the leader. It sounds dead-on to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Nawrocki is giving his scouting opinion. I don't know why you think it a racist one.

He is a businessman, too. Do you think he'd sabotage his own business, by making racist remarks? I think it is refreshing and true to his job as a scout, to give blunt, honest appraisals like that he gave on Cam Newton (as opposed to the copy-cat, lazy-man "analysis" that is out there). BTW, I don't think he's been proven wrong at all at this point. I don't recall him saying Cam can't play. I think his remark, was pointing to the selfishness and immaturity in Cam the leader. It sounds dead-on to me.
    He called Newton a fraud and a scam artist.... he never had a one on one with Newton.