Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its Time Sombody Said It

Starter

User Info Menu

Its Time Sombody Said It

Maurkice Pouncey is the most over rated player in the league. He was great as a rookie. I thought he took a step back in 11'. I thought he took another step back in 12'. He looked bad last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't really focus on him, but based on the play of the two tackles I'm not concerned with Pouncey at all. The Steelers could be down to Landry Jones by the 7th week of the season if the tackles can't pass protect better than they did last night.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Maurkice Pouncey is the most over rated player in the league. He was great as a rookie. I thought he took a step back in 11'. I thought he took another step back in 12'. He looked bad last night.
    I would agree with that. Never understood how he has been a Pro Bowler especially last year.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

He had a rough game last night, like most of the rest of the line. I think he's a bit overrated and that he laregely benefits from the tradition the Steelers have at the position. In what I've seen of the two, I don't even think he is the best center in his own family.

I think he will be fine, and that he will be the least of the worries on the offensive line. But I also don't think he plays up to his press.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've often said that I don't think he is all that great, and certainly not a pro bowl C.

Backup

User Info Menu

Pouncey was manhandled last night. This is the guy that is supposed to anchor the line... He is athletic, but is he strong enough to handle big NT's ? Evidently not. Dawson and Webster were both extremely strong with 500 lb + bench presses... They never got manhandled like we've seen Pouncey on occasion. This is and should be a BIG concern. Just for the record, I don't like what Pouncey stands for as a person and I'm starting to have my doubts about him as a player...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Agree that Pouncey is overrated. Definitely got manhandled last night and had at least one penalty. He's not leading by example for that line and given his history with injuries, I don't know how much we can depend on him. Everyone has bad games, but I'm down on him and he hasn't shown me much in the last couple years.

Starter

User Info Menu

Pouncey has been a serviceable center but certainly not Pro Bowl calibre by any stretch of the imagination.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pouncey seems well on his way to doing the best Sean Mahan impression. I really want Legs back. He was terrible at guard but a pretty good center.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Pouncey seems well on his way to doing the best Sean Mahan impression. I really want Legs back. He was terrible at guard but a pretty good center.
    Legursky was a solid center. I wonder how good our line would be if we chose this option:

LT: Starks
    LG: Pouncey
    C: Legursky
    RG: DeCastro
    RT: Adams
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.