Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Le’Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain, will undergo an MRI

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I thought that maybe Tomlin was playing with fire putting him out there with the recent knee injuries, and should have rested the knees. It's a long season, and he'd catch up a couple of games into the regular season. But Tomlin's playing hardball this pre-season, for better or worse.

That is not only stupid, but not related. Bell's injury to his knee had NOTHING to do with what happened with his foot. Totally unrelated. So resting him wouldn't have made one difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    That is not only stupid, but not related. Bell's injury to his knee had NOTHING to do with what happened with his foot. Totally unrelated. So resting him wouldn't have made one difference.
    if Bell hadn't played last night he wouldn't have gotten injured...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if Bell hadn't played last night he wouldn't have gotten injured...

But the Injury had nothing to do with his knees, that was the point. He could have sat out for another 12 weeks, and that same foot injury happens....so his point was POINTLESS!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    But the Injury had nothing to do with his knees, that was the point. He could have sat out for another 12 weeks, and that same foot injury happens....so his point was POINTLESS!!
    And you slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night .... with which one, Molly or Roseanne ?

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO this is not good. You do not await a second opinion when you find out that everything is fine. They are finding out the severity and course of action - ie. surgery or not. Hope Dwyer is up to being number one for awhile.

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Head-Coach-Mike-Tomlin-on-LeVeon-Bell-Injury/37aa7708-fe29-47cc-a3a0-5c6ada7a2f12[/url]

Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin on Le'Veon Bell Injury

Posted 38 minutes ago

Le’Veon had his MRI on Tuesday, and we are still awaiting final diagnosis and results of a second opinion. He will not participate this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs, and I will provide an update once we have received the official results of his tests over the next couple of days.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree t.o. this isn't good. I wonder why all the mixed reports. You don't ask for a second opinion for mild sprains.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree t.o. this isn't good. I wonder why all the mixed reports. You don't ask for a second opinion for mild sprains.
    I knew something wasn't right after Washington released news about Cousins being okay in the early afternoon, and there was no news in sight for Bell.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

That's not true. Especially for young rookie players. No, this is not a ACL tear. But as reported yesterday by Ed Bushette, the Injury is basically the same that Spaeth had, only not as bad. What that tells me is that after the MRI, they told Bell thgat surgery WILL be necessary, and that he will have to be out at a MINIMUM of 6 to 8 weeks. And because of Bell's earlier knee issue, and PROBABLY hearing, or maybe even reading all the reports kinda calling him out for being kinda " Soft " and or
    Injury prone, maybe Bell wanted a second opinion so MAYBE he can avoid the surgery, and being out til game 4 or 5 of the regular season, and likely missing out on any chance of being the starter in his rookie season. So second opinions are absolutely the normal thing...even on sprains. Or on ANY Injury that requires surgery.

Starter

User Info Menu

This sucks. Its been so long since the Steelers have had a legit pro bowl calibur back. I really thought Bell was the best RB in the draft. I think he could have made a huge diffeeence for us. There is no doubt in my mind now he will be out for an extended period on time. I think this sets us back in a big way.

Backup

User Info Menu

I kinda wish we could have got in on that trade of Jon Baldwin for Bell. That way we bring in the local Pitt product and Home Boy with LEGIT Plex-like Height and skill for " Tinker Bell "