Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Le’Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain, will undergo an MRI

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I love how the Lacy Homers here are annointing him to Canton already. I mean the dude has been okay so far. Has one DECENT game that was not all that, and just like Bell, he hasn't played in a REAL NFL game yet. What happens I wonder if after say 8 weeks, Bell comes back, and plays 10 more seasons without a Injury, and averages 1800 Yds and 22 TD's a year, and Lacy gets ACL or struggles with Turf toe after the 3rd week of the season and is nothing more then a speratic RB at best ?

I wonder what they will say then.
    your fantasies are hilarious

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He made a couple people miss shortly after getting the ball. 2 that I can remember...made a guy miss directly after the catch and another shortly after the handoff. Then, he finished each run with a punishing style.

And most importantly, he can carry the ball over 4 times without getting hurt.
    Congrats to Lacy who looked pretty good in one preseason game. The Steelers FO obviously made the wrong call on that one!

What I find interesting is that Bell was proven more durable in college. Lacy struggled through injuries despite getting very few carries in college. Yet, Bell is the softy? Hmm.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    your fantasies are hilarious

I'm just saying I think it's a wee bit early to say that Lacy would have been a better pick then Bell. Lacy did and does have legit Injury concerns, and has not showed all that much in Green Bay. He had 5 carries for 40 Yards and no TD's in his last game against back-ups...hardly All World. And I have yet to hear that Bell's Injury is a career threatning one yet. So the Lacy homers have to get off their soap boxes and calm down a little.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm just saying I think it's a wee bit early to say that Lacy would have been a better pick then Bell. Lacy did and does have legit Injury concerns, and has not showed all that much in Green Bay. He had 5 carries for 40 Yards and no TD's in his last game against back-ups...hardly All World. And I have yet to hear that Bell's Injury is a career threatning one yet. So the Lacy homers have to get off their soap boxes and calm down a little.
    I agree with you. And that concerns me.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wasn't a big fan of many of the top RBs in this past year's draft. The only guy I really liked that think fits the modern NFL was Gio Bernard. I'm ok with the Bell pick, but I think the Steelers may have felt a little pressure to draft a RB whether or not they really felt Bell was BPA in the second round.

Legend

User Info Menu

if you saw the game, then there is no way you can say you werent impressed.

and thats no knock on bell who i thought looked good (or better then we've seen recently) up until he got hurt

Administrator

User Info Menu

Are you sure Lacy was in the game against all backups? Seems to me that Rodgers was still in the game as well. I'm sure he wasn't still playing against all backups.

So Lacy had 5 carries for 40 yards... "Hardly All World" as you call it.

Bell 4 carries for 9 yards .... and his second injury in basically a 1 week span.

Based on these stats alone, if Lacy wasn't "All World" then what would that make Bell?

If Bell had the same stats as Lacy, the Bell homers would be saying he's a future HOFer. It's Steelers homerism at it's finest. Just because some of our rookies are performing well, there are 31 other teams ya know? And some of those might be performing at a higher level than ours.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

it wasnt against back ups. the video shows the time clock, its easy to see he started the game

Backup

User Info Menu

The game was against the freaking RAMS...their entire TEAM is Back-ups!!

Legend

User Info Menu

ok kid

watch something other then the steelers once in a while