Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Le’Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain, will undergo an MRI

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

#Steelers Bell has ligament tear in his foot. Will miss up to 6 weeks

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell has Lisfranc injury

Updated: August 21, 2013
    By Adam Schefter and Scott Brown | ESPN.com

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie running back Le'Veon Bell is expected to be out six weeks with a Lisfranc injury, a source said Wednesday.

The Steelers said earlier in the day that they were waiting for a second medical opinion on the right foot Bell injured Monday night, and they ruled him out for the team's preseason game Saturday against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Coach Mike Tomlin declined to talk about Bell's injury after Wednesday's practice, telling reporters he still had to meet with team doctors. Tomlin went on to say he would address all injuries at his Thursday news conference at 12:30 p.m. ET.

Rookie Le'Veon Bell, expected to be a key part of the Steelers' running game this year, will be missing from action for approximately six weeks due to a Lisfranc injury, a source said.

Bell had an MRI taken Tuesday, and Tomlin said in a statement that the Steelers should have a final diagnosis "over the next couple of days."

Bell left the Steelers' 24-13 loss to Washington early after spraining his right foot.

The team's second-round pick in April, Bell had been hampered by a knee injury earlier in the preseason and missed the Steelers' first preseason game.

The 6-foot-1, 244-pounder was listed as the co-starter on the Steelers' depth chart with Isaac Redman, and he was expected to play a big role in the running game this season.

The Steelers have suffered a rash of injuries at running back. Redman (stinger) and LaRod Stephens-Howling (knee) did not play against the Redskins, and Baron Batch left the game with a stinger, leaving Jonathan Dwyer and Alvester Alexander as the only healthy running backs.

Tomlin said the Steelers held Stephens-Howling out of the game as a precaution, and he is expected to return to practice this week.

Bell, meanwhile, received some advice from veteran safety Ryan Clark following the rookie running back's abbreviated NFL debut Monday night.

Clark told Bell to make sure he was fully healthy before he returns to the playing field.

It was the same thing Clark told Bell during training camp after the latter went down the second time with a left knee injury.

"I told him, 'I understand that you want to prove to us that you're tough, that you want to prove to us that you're durable, that you're willing to go out and do whatever it takes to help us, but also understand that we're not going to win the Super Bowl this week. We weren't going to win it last week,'" said Clark, one of the team leaders. "He's proven to me that he wants to be out there, that he wants to try to fight through injury. Now he needs to get himself healthy."

What is key as Bell deals with another injury is making sure he stays engaged in meetings and at practice. Redman said he plans on peppering Bell with questions during practice to make sure the rookie doesn't lose focus.

"The mental reps are the biggest key when you're injured, to stay in practice, because a lot of guys, especially younger guys, when they get hurt, they tend to kind of drift away and become a guy that coaches always have to talk to and make sure you're paying attention at practice," said Redman, who hopes to play Saturday night. "As an older guy, you try to help them not get into that habit."

Bell had been one of the stars of training camp, and one thing Clark has stressed to the 48th overall pick is to keep his eye on the big picture.

"I've watched him run the ball in practice enough to know that he can be effective," Clark said. "I don't know what the situation is with this injury, but I want him to be fully healthy and be at full speed when he comes back because you don't want these things to continue to nag him not only this year but throughout his career. He has an opportunity to have a long football career. It's not all about today."

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9587869/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-mri-play-saturday[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Good thing we chose to NOT pick Eddie Lacy.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231450/Pre-Week-2-Packers-vs-Rams-highlights[/url]

Yeah.... Lacy sucks... it was only his Alabama OL. lol. Obviously, people need to watch a bit more of Crimson Tide & SEC football.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Marcus Lattimore will probably be playing in his first NFL regular season game before our softy Le'Veon Bell. Well, maybe not but we shall see.

Backup

User Info Menu

Remember, last year in game 6, Jacksonville RB MJD had a Lisfranc Injury, and he too was told surgery was needed, but chose to wear the Boot, and wait...he waited like 8 weeks, and then he STILL had to have the Surgery near the end of Last season. Now, MJD will be ready to start the season coming up, but even then after his surgery, he has been recovering like 9 Months. And, we still don't know how he will do this year. So remember Steeler fans, I still have not seen one report from the Steelers that said Bell's Injury is NOT Lisfranc injury, or that it is, but it's a sprain, if it's a "Stable" or "Unstable" sprain, or if it's Indeed a tear...which would end him for this season, and make it hard for him to ever be what he was before the Injury.

So, I will wait for some kinda official word from Pittsburgh. And if Bell does need surgery, then keep an eye on MJD in Jacksonville....Cause he will be the eye test. Most RB's who have had this Injury never came back to be anything close to what they were. And the couple that did come back and were okay...were NOT Work horse RB's.

So everything is still up in the air as far as I'm concerned with Bell. Obviously we all HOPE that it is a very MINOR Sprain that is a Stable Injury. That way no Surgery, just 5 to 6 weeks in a Boot, and with no weight-barring at all. But if it's a unstable sprain, or a tear, that likely means surgery, and Bell will never be the same player again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231450/Pre-Week-2-Packers-vs-Rams-highlights[/URL]

Yeah.... Lacy sucks... it was only his Alabama OL. lol. Obviously, people need to watch a bit more of Crimson Tide & SEC football.
    Sure, the run after contact looks great, but look at the holes he has to run through on the OL. They are as wide as the crack in the Titanic.

Administrator

User Info Menu

He made a couple people miss shortly after getting the ball. 2 that I can remember...made a guy miss directly after the catch and another shortly after the handoff. Then, he finished each run with a punishing style.

And most importantly, he can carry the ball over 4 times without getting hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231450/Pre-Week-2-Packers-vs-Rams-highlights[/URL]

Ed: Lacy's Toe Injury Scared Off Steelers

SUNDAY, 28 APRIL 2013 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Good morning,

One reason the Steelers passed on Eddie Lacy is a toe injury the Alabama halfback has had. One team source said the Steelers would not touch Lacy because his big toe had been fused.

There has been concern about injuries to Lacy’s hamstring and what has been reported as turf toe, but nothing’s been reported about a fusion. Either way, teams did stay away from Lacy – considered by many the best talent at halfback in the draft -- until Green Bay made him the fourth back drafted with the 29th pick in the second round.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/120958-ed-lacys-toe-injury-scared-off-steelers[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some reports are saying a small ligament tear that will not require surgery and not the Lisfranc. So let's see if the great Jay and Adam were guessing....
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

I love how the Lacy Homers here are annointing him to Canton already. I mean the dude has been okay so far. Has one DECENT game that was not all that, and just like Bell, he hasn't played in a REAL NFL game yet. What happens I wonder if after say 8 weeks, Bell comes back, and plays 10 more seasons without a Injury, and averages 1800 Yds and 22 TD's a year, and Lacy gets ACL or struggles with Turf toe after the 3rd week of the season and is nothing more then a speratic RB at best ?

I wonder what they will say then.